- Vacancy information
We now recruiting for 1st Officer to work on our upcoming project
This will be a Day Rate based position
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The 1st officer is responsible to the Chief Officer and may act as the Chief Officer’s deputy. They will assist the Chief Officer with all aspects of the operation of the vessel in accordance with international law and the law of the flag state. They will assist the Chief Officer and Master with the responsibility for the safety and security of the ship and all personnel onboard.
All personnel are expected to adhere contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
All personnel are also expected to adhere contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct.
- Act as Senior DP Operator.
- Act as Senior Officer of the Bridge Watch.
- Act as Officer of the Deck Watch during the ship’s stay in Port.
- Responsible for ensuring ship’s security at all times, as directed by the Chief Officer
- Responsible for navigational passage planning and maintenance of navigation equipment. Ensuring all navigational charts and publications are properly corrected and up to date. Order replacements in conjunction with Chief Officer as required.
- Assist the Chief Officer with the maintenance of Life Saving and Fire Fighting Equipment
- Participate in training of Ship and Project Team.
- Assist the Project Team as requested and in compliance with the Master/Chief Officer’s instructions.
- Assist as required in planning and conducting safety induction tours for new joining personnel
- Assist Chief Officer in providing support to the Master in conducting “Shipboard Management Review” in accordance with the ISM Code including the implementation of the Company’s policies and safety management system
- Administration of the vessel permit to work system
- Act as ship’s Safety Officer including the input of data into Synergi in conjunction with Medic
- Act as medical officer and responsible for the Ship hospital (unless medic onboard)
- Act as Deputy to the Ship Security Officer when required.
- STCW 95 (A-II/1) Certificate of Competency (Deck-OOW-Operational Level) meeting legislative requirements of the Flag State, preferably STCW 95 (A-II/2) Certificate of Competency (Chief Officer Unlimited).
- Experience on any similar types and size of vessel. For Example: Rigid Pipelay/ Heavy lift, Diving , Renewables & Heavy lifting , Construction / Vertical Flex-lay and Construction/ Horizontal Flex-lay
- Recognised DP Operator’s Certificate and experience in accordance with IMCA M 117
- Appropriate proficiency in the operation of GMDSS
- Training in accordance with the Subsea 7 training matrix for 1st Officer, including Safety Officer Training Course
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.