Aker BP has a clear ambition – to become the leading independent offshore exploration and production company. We are challenging standard practices in the oil and gas industry. Now we are looking for people who want to take part in changing the industry and driving necessary improvements.
A summer job in Aker BP will give you 6-8 weeks of practical experience within a relevant field of expertise and a taste of what it’s like to work for one of the largest E&P companies on the Norwegian continental shelf. You will get to socialize with other summer interns, grow your professional network, and learn from experienced professionals.
Collaborative Operations is responsible for improving the way data is used to operate our installations safer, cleaner, and more efficiently. This summer, we would like to offer you a chance to work hands-on with real data and challenges in support of our mission to produce oil and gas with minimal impact on the environment. Your exact assignment will be decided based on our business needs combined with your field of expertise and your interests.
Typical work tasks can be:
- Cross-discipline collaboration with engineers from assets and central functions to solve ad-hoc challenges by providing customized data-driven insights
- Analysis/modeling, both first principles and ML/AI, of equipment and/or process’ performance to identify possibilities for optimization
- Contribute with data-driven insights for use in failure root cause analysis (RCAs)
- Enrolled in a relevant program within Cybernetics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, or other relevant related fields with practical data science experience
- In your 3rd or 4th year, including completed bachelor with a plan to start a master’s degree in the fall of 2022
- Interested in how data can be used operationally to improve real operations
- Norwegian language working proficiency
You’re a good match for this job if you:
- embody our values: Enquiring, Responsible, Predictable, Committed, and Respectful
- are a team player focused on continuous improvement and sharing your knowledge with those around you
- take initiative, skilled at communicating difficult subjects, and comfortable with sharing your opinions in both small and large groups
We believe that a diverse workforce contributes to organisational success, and offer equal opportunities regardless of race, gender, religion, age, or disabilities. Candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of background.
Please send us a little bit about yourself, your CV, and your transcript by October 12th, 2021.
Please note that applications without a diploma/preliminary transcript(s) will not be evaluated.
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.
To apply for this job please visit careers.akerbp.com.