Aker BP has a clear ambition – to become the leading independent offshore exploration and production company. We are challenging standard practices in the oil and gas industry. Now we are looking for people who want to take part in changing the industry and driving necessary improvements.
A summer job in Aker BP will give you 6-8 weeks of practical experience within a relevant field of expertise and a taste of what it’s like to work for one of the largest E&P companies on the Norwegian continental shelf. You will get to socialize with other summer interns, grow your professional network, and learn from experienced professionals.
The finance team strives to be recognized as the industry benchmark and welcomes highly motivated students to help us achieve this ambition. The right candidates will be offered to work within the following units: Financial Reporting & Tax or Business Controlling.
Digitalization is a key pillar in Aker BPs improvement strategy, and we are always seeking for new ideas contributing to our improvement agenda. The summer students will be part of our digitalization efforts.
Typical work tasks:
Independently run one or more projects or analysis within a key focus area for AkerBP. The topics may include performance management, external market positioning and benchmarking, business intelligence, ESG, or other strategically important topics.
In addition, support the team on key running tasks. These will vary depending on the department you will be assigned to. They may include:
• Calculate and benchmark operational and financial performance vs. peers
• Build innovative financial models, reports and forecasts
• Participate in the financial reporting process
• Controlling of transactions
• Analyze and report costs vs. internal targets and budgets
• You are studying finance or a business-related program
• You have an analytical mindset
• You have strong technical skills, especially in Excel
• You are fluent in English and able to communicate in Norwegian
You’re a good match for this job if you:
• have a good attitude that supports our values: Enquiring, Responsible, Predictable, Committed, and Respectful
• as a person you are always looking for possible improvements and strive to deliver the “next level”
• you are not afraid to test, fail and learn
• you like to be challenged, show initiative and enjoy working in teams
We believe that a diverse workforce contributes to organisational success, and offer equal opportunities regardless of race, gender, religion, age or disabilities. Candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of background.
Our Oslo (Fornebu) or Stavanger (Jåttåvågen). Please specify your preference in your application.
Please send us a little bit about yourself, your CV and your transcript by October 12th 2021.
Please note that applications without a diploma/preliminary transcript(s) will not be evaluated.
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.
To apply for this job please visit careers.akerbp.com.