Aker BP has a clear ambition – to become the leading independent offshore exploration and production company. We are challenging standard practices in the oil and gas industry. Now we are looking for people who want to take part in changing the industry and driving necessary improvements.
A summer job in Aker BP will give you 6-8 weeks of practical experience within a relevant field of expertise and a taste of what it’s like to work for one of the largest E&P companies on the Norwegian continental shelf. You will get to socialize with other summer interns, grow your professional network, and learn from experienced professionals.
The Metering and Hydrocarbon Management department is responsible for the fiscal metering systems and allocation systems on our assets. These are the systems that measure quantity and quality of our oil and gas export. This summer, we would like to offer you a chance to work with the team that is responsible for operation of the metering systems. You will support us with activities such as improving the routines and get insight into metering on new projects. Your exact assignment will be decided based on our business needs combined with your field of expertise and your interests.
Typical work tasks can be:
• Create a system for following up flow meter calibration factors
• Look into the possibility to improve maintenance of the metering system based on historical data and uncertainty analysis
• Enrolled in a relevant master’s program within automation, instrumentation or similar
• Interested in flow measurement and knowledge about basic measurement principles
• English and Norwegian language working proficiency
You’re a good match for this job if you:
• have a good attitude that supports our values: Enquiring, Responsible, Predictable, Committed, and Respectful
• are a team player and enjoy sharing lessons learned and concerned with continuous improvement.
• are analytical/creative
We believe that a diverse workforce contributes to organisational success, and offer equal opportunities regardless of race, gender, religion, age or disabilities. Candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of background.
Please send us a little bit about yourself, your CV and your transcript by October 12th 2021. Application without a diploma/ transcripts will not be evaluated.
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.
To apply for this job please visit careers.akerbp.com.