Aker BP has a clear ambition – to become the leading independent offshore exploration and production company. We are challenging standard practices in the oil and gas industry. Now we are looking for people who want to take part in changing the industry and driving necessary improvements.
A summer job in Aker BP will give you 6-8 weeks of practical experience within a relevant field of expertise and a taste of what it’s like to work for one of the largest E&P companies on the Norwegian continental shelf. You will get to socialize with other summer interns, grow your professional network, and learn from experienced professionals.
The Project Services department is an umbrella for all Project Control disciplines in Aker BP. The main goal of this unit is to provide best-in-class resources, methods and tools within Cost Engineering, Cost Estimating, Project Planning and Project Control to the projects in a collaborative and standard manner and ensure that projects deliver on time and on budget. We support project managers by providing data and information visualising project performance with regards to cost and schedule. Our department utilises tools such as Primavera, Safran Risk, EcoSys, Pims and SAP.
As a summer student with us, you’ll get a chance to work either on a particular project or in our base organization, supporting us with activities such as collection of data, data quality assurance, cost and schedule analysis, improvement of tools and methods, benchmarking etc. Your exact assignment will be decided based on our business needs and depending on your field of study, as well as your interests.
Typical work tasks can be:
- Participate and contribute to ongoing improvement initiatives within Planning, Estimating/Benchmarking or Cost Engineering
- Analyse project cost data and present the results
- Create cost and schedule dashboards and/or report templates
- Collect and categorise data
- Cross-check various sources of data and analyse discrepancies
- Support Planners, Cost Engineers and Estimators
- Enrolled in your 3rd or 4th year of studies within Technical, IT, Project Management, Economics or similar
- Interested in numbers, data analysis and digitalization
- Good Microsoft Excel and Power BI skills
- English and Norwegian language working proficiency
You’re a good match for this job if you:
- have a good attitude that supports our values: Enquiring, Responsible, Predictable, Committed, and Respectful
- are a self-starter with strong delivery focus, structured and systematic
- take initiative and are a clear communicator, comfortable with reaching out to people and sharing in large groups
- are analytical/creative
We believe that a diverse workforce contributes to organisational success, and offer equal opportunities regardless of race, gender, religion, age or disabilities. Candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of background.
Stavanger, Trondheim or Oslo. Please specify your preference in your application.
Please send us a little bit about yourself, your CV and your transcript by October 12th 2021. Please note that applications without a diploma/preliminary transcript(s) will not be evaluated.
To apply for this job please visit careers.akerbp.com.