Contract type : International Contract
Position description :
We are looking for a detail-oriented Deputy Finance Manager to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization. The senior accountant’s responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, controlling tax returns, assisting with audit preparations (follow up and revision file), and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
To be successful as a Deputy Finance Manager, you should have a solid working knowledge of Accountancy and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding Deputy Finance Manager should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure
• Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
• Preparing financial analyses and reports.
• Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
• Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
• Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
• Assisting with bi-annual audit preparations.
• Assist with tax audits and prepare file for administration
• Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
• Controlling under his (her) supervision federal, state, local, and special tax returns.
• Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
• Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
• Responsible for tax & accounting monitoring of the country
Deputy Finance Manager Requirements :
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
• 5+ years of accounting experience.
• Working knowledge of tax laws.
• Strong financial analysis skills.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong organizational and stress management skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
• Knowledge of an ERP accounting system – an asset
• Ability to train and manage staff.
• Ability to work with little to no supervision
Location : Lagos
Language / Level :
English : D-Full professional proficiency
Language / Level :
French : D-Full professional proficiency
To apply for this job please visit www.join.spie-job.com.