ConocoPhillips is one of the world’s leading exploration and production companies based on both production and reserves, with a globally diversified asset portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 13 countries, $93 billion of total assets and approximately 9,400 employees at March 31, 2022. Production averaged 1,747 MBOED for the three months ended March 31, 2022, and proved reserves were 6.1 BBOE as of Dec. 31, 2021.
In Canada, we can trace our history back over 110 years. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, our current investment programs are focused on the operated Surmont oil sands development in the Athabasca region of northeast Alberta and the liquids rich Montney unconventional play in northeast British Columbia. Our production averaged 94 MBOED in 2021 and proved reserves were 0.3 BBOE.
Our story demonstrates our commitment to the community, our innovative approach to technology and our adaptability during the changes faced by our industry. Within our Calgary office, we have implemented a Hybrid Office Work program, which offers eligible employees flexibility with the option of working remotely on Wednesdays and Fridays. We believe that diverse opinions, ideas and perspectives are what fuels innovation, and we reinforce this belief through a DEI Council of employees, a culture of psychological safety and an Engagement Network, to name a few. Our workforce represents the international communities in which we live and work, bringing together talented people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Consistent with our focus on excellence, ConocoPhillips continues to discover and develop best practices in diversity, equity and inclusion – for the good of our enterprise, our employees, our vendors and our communities.
This student position will be within the Montney Reservoir Characterization Team with the goal of supporting the subsurface characterization and well performance understanding of the Montney Asset. The intern’s main responsibilities will be to gather and analyze static and dynamic subsurface data from early appraisal Montney pads. This work includes interfacing with geologists, geophysicists, reservoir engineers and completions engineers. The student will work closely with other members of the characterization team as well as subject matter experts located in our Houston office. The student will be responsible for a defined work scope, which they will document and present throughout internship. The student will be given training on required software and there’ll be an assigned mentor.
This position is a 16 month, Calgary office-based internship, starting May 2023.
- Gather & Analyze performance understandings from operated and competitor completion designs to inform future strategies
- Potential to use multiple performance prediction methodologies (empirical, simulation, multi-variate analysis, rate transient analysis) to inform potential outcomes of different completion designs
- Spacing/Stacking & Parent-Child degradation analysis from operated and competitor pads
- Present methodologies, interpretations and results to colleagues and leadership
- Support of Data Analytics Team in:
- Architecture and execution of data initiatives within the Montney Business unit
- Documenting operational guides to support the implementation of these data initiatives
- Design and building of GGRE and Development visualizations
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or foreign equivalent
- Must be returning to study at a post-secondary institution following work term
- Current level in post secondary: Junior through Senior or Graduate Student
- Proficient (ability to perform the skill with limited assistance) in Microsoft Products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; familiarity with Spotfire would be beneficial
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions
- Exposure to reservoir fundamentals and unconventional plays
- Exposure to Fluid Mechanics, Mechanics of Materials
- Exposure to data analytics tools and methods
- Must enjoy working in a team environment and possess good communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrates taking ownership of actions and follows through on commitments, holding self and others accountable
- Past work experience in the oil and gas industry through summer employment or co-op work term would be an asset
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of November 20th.
For information on our Sustainable Development performance in Canada, visit www.cpcsustainability.ca
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.