- Vacancy information
We are looking for a Second Electrician with an ETO certification and 2 to 3 years of experience as this is a junior role.
The Second Electrician reports to the First Electrician and conducts the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment on board.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
All personnel are also expected to contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea7.
- Carry out other related tasks when required by management.
- Assisting the First Electrician in arranging the safe operation of the vessel electrical and electronic equipment.
- Provides electrical assistance to the project team.
- Perform maintenance and repair activities using the company’s planned maintenance systems and procedures.
- As per applicable Offshore Group training Matrix.
- Secondary school Electrical Energy or equivalent or higher
- Recognised relevant academic qualifications or evidence of having completed an appropriate apprenticeship within an electrical trade or Marine Electro Technical Officer compliant with Section A-III/6 of the STCW Code as amended by the 2010 Manila amendments.
- DP maintenance & High Voltage training.
- Knowledge and experience of ships Electrical HV/LV installations and automation systems
- Knowledge and experience in power generation and distribution systems
- Knowledge Dynamic Positioning and Vessel Management Systems principles (preferably Kongsberg).
- Knowledge and experience of generator load sharing and protection principles
- Knowledge of Variable Frequency Drives.
- Knowledge and experience of Integrated Bridge Systems, Marine communication systems (GMDSS)
- Knowledge of Class legislation concerning Electrical and DP installation.
- Knowledge of PLC controlled equipment and data networks.
- Communicate satisfactorily in English verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and experience deck equipment application.
- Knowledge and experience of planned maintenance system.
- Awareness of IMCA guidance.
- Satisfactory knowledge of electrical safe working practice.
- Willingness to progress knowledge base, adhere to and promote Company values in line with safe working guidelines.
- 2 years relevant experience with experience of OSVs (dive, lay, construction)
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.