- Vacancy information
This will be a Day Rate based position.
Rotation: 5ON / 5 OFF
Expected starting date: end of Dec 2022
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The 3rd Engineer is responsible to the First Engineer for operations and maintenance of the engine rooms and propulsion equipment onboard.
All personnel are expected to adhere to the HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
All personnel are also expected to adhere to the culture of ethics and integrity within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct.
- Operation and maintenance of the Ship’s technical equipment according to the established operational and planned maintenance procedures.
- Carry out watch keeping duties as defined by the Chief Engineer’s standing orders under the direction of the senior watch keeper.
- Providing assistance to Deck Operations and Maintenance as directed by the Chief Engineer.
- Oversee work carried out by engine room ratings and 3rd party contractors as required
- Assist as required with bunkering the vessel when on duty
- Assist in the training and familiarization of Fitters, Mechanics and Motormen in their department.
- Assist Chief Engineer in providing support to the Master in conducting “Shipboard Management Review” in accordance with the ISM Code.
- Minimum Officer of Engineering Watch Certificate of Competency in accordance with STCW Reg.III/1 meeting legislative requirements of the Flag State
- Recognised Seaman’s discharge book
- Must have more than 2 years of experience in rank on an offshore vessel
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing in accordance with STCW Code Table A-II/I
- Familiarity with TM Master or similar Planned Maintenance Program (e.g.: Star or Amos)
- Must possess Good safety awareness
- Excellent mechanical/workshop skills and experience in overhauling purifies, compressor and diesel engines.
- Hold at all times a valid seafarer’s medical fitness certificate and offshore survival certification
- Training in accordance with Subsea 7 training matrix
- Must be physically fit and clear of any medical conditions prior to travel for work
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.