Airswift is seeking an 3rd Engineer to work on a permanent contract offshore with a major Oil & Gas Company.
- Report to 2nd Engineer DP
- Be familiar with and maintain awareness of the relevant Company requirements and where applicable, the latest industry codes and standards including statutory rules and regulations
- Ensure all workspace activities are carried out in a consistent manner with Company policies and in accordance to Vessel Management Manual
- Ensure safe and efficient operations of engine room machinery, during own duty watch
- Ensure that DP engine room operations, if required, are carried out as per Company procedures
- Ensure that the Asset Management Operative System (AMOS) is rigorously implemented, in order to survey, test and maintain all ship machinery/equipment, comprising Emergency and Safety systems
- Carry out all analysis task for cooling water, sanitary water, diesel oil and oil for all equipment
- Participate in bunkering/offloading of fuel/oil and the refuelling of vessels
- Advise 2nd Engineer DP for efficient and timely ordering of spares for the equipment under own charge
- Perform duties within the vessel emergency team as indicated in Emergency Preparedness Manual
- Intervene and report to 2nd Engineer DP any unsafe act, unsafe working conditions, near misses and incidents/accidents
- Ensure the Chief Engineer DP/2nd Engineer DP is informed immediately of any condition or incident that arises as per standing instruction
- Ensure that no major action will be undertaken or executed without informing the Chief Engineer DP/2nd Engineer DP
- Report to the 2nd Engineer DP or Chief Engineer DP any hazardous situation that goes beyond own intervention
- Maintain the vessel in accordance with class and statutory legislation
- Compliance with appropriate and applicable legislative requirements
- Monitoring and prevent environmental pollution accordingly to MARPOL
- Ensure safe and efficient operations and record Engine logbook of engine machinery during own duty watch
- Take over the watch as per Company procedures
- Take care of daily calculation of R.O.B.
- STCW required certificates, National CoC Reg. III/1 and endorsement
- Completion of all training and certifications as described in the Training Matrix
- Dynamic Position Training as per Company Procedure
- MOU stability course (where applicable)
Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients in STEM industries. We offer a turnkey workforce solution to acquire, mobilise and employ top talent in over 70 countries. With 800 employees in over 60 offices worldwide, 7,000 contractors and a candidate database of 1.5m specialists, our geographical reach and pool of available talent, experience and expertise is unmatched in the industry. We are proud to serve as a trusted advisor to clients looking to expand their operations internationally and offer employer of record services, payroll outsourcing, as well as HR consulting.
To apply for this job please visit www.airswift.com.