- Vacancy information
At Subsea 7, we take pride in being recognised globally as a leader across the Energy Industry. For 5 decades our people have delivered over 1,000 projects in all water depths across our energy hubs and we continue to do so, adapting and evolving in an ever-changing world.
Our sustainability and ongoing success are only possible through innovation, collaboration and the development and diversity of our people, assets, and technology. By joining Subsea 7, you become part of a team of people who everyday ‘Make Incredible Things Happen’.
The Finance Resource Centre (FRC) is a motivated, skilled, and high performing organisation: A Finance Centre of Excellence.
The FRC currently has an exciting opportunity for an Accountant within the Cost Centre Reporting department. The position offers a diverse and challenging role, within a professional and process improvement driven team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a logical approach to problem solving.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly reporting pack for departmental cost centres (both overhead & OOC) including variance analysis and LTF forecast. This will include monthly, quarterly & annual analysis and will cover gross cost and recoveries.
- Record actual results in the financial systems and prepare LTF forecasts using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Support the Team Lead/Operational Lead in compliance with the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements and ensure Group and Regional reporting objectives and policies are adhered within deadlines set.
- Communicate with cost centre managers to plan, monitor and advise on financial performance, explaining financial information to non-financial personnel.
- Prepare bottom up annual budget and calculation of internal standard costing rates for relevant cost centres/Functions.
- Prepare reconciliations and analysis with relevant and appropriate back up and critical analysis of the balances.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of Accounting Standards, principles and Group accounting policies to ensure they are applied and upheld.
- Pro-active participation in/lead coaching activities to the Associate Accountants within the Cost Centre team.
- Identify process improvement (PI) opportunities and help to establish best practice, standardisation and ways of working.
- Focus on high level of service provided to stakeholders.
- Other ad hoc tasks and projects as required.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS / STAKEHOLDERS
- Cost centre/Departmental Managers
- Regional teams – Finance, Human Resources and Management
- Auditors (Internal and External)
- Group HR, Group Reporting, FP&A, Tax and Technical Accounting Teams
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level in a relevant stream (Finance/Accounting/Business).
- The candidate should be at the final stages of their professional accountancy qualifications or a fully Qualified Accountant – ACA/ACCA/CIMA and / or international equivalent.
- Relevant experience working within a similar environment.
- Proven track record of good quality accurate analysis and analytical review.
- Detailed working knowledge of SAP and underlying modules (time allocations, Fixed assets, inventory, etc) that impact the General Ledger
- Ability to work with Excel (including macro models), Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience of running reports and data extraction for input into excel models.
- An understanding of chart of accounts, legal entity or management reporting structures is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Business Objects Financial Consolidation (BFC).
- Communicates effectively and articulately, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer focused with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships at all levels across the business, seeks to improve through feedback and self-learning.
- Manages time effectively, is self-motivated to manage competing workloads and meet deadlines.
- Highly numeric, detail orientated with excellent planning and organising skills.
- Collaborative team working within a large group while able to demonstrate initiative and ownership for own tasks.
- Performance focused, first time right attitude, with good self-review skills (deliver quality products & services).
- Solutions focused, anticipates potential problems and works to overcome then.
- Demonstrates desire to challenge the status quo and devise new ideas and improvements.
Subsea 7 are committed to creating a diverse workforce and we look to offer excellent career opportunities as well providing a wide range benefits and a flexible working environment.
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.