NESFircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our client, a large Oil&Gas midstream company, is currently seeking a Accountant Level lll based out of Edmonton AB refinery site. The schedule is a standard Mon – Friday schedule. This is a contract role, subject to start Monday September 27, 2021, and ending Friday August 30, 2024. Possibility of extension is unknown at this time.
- Provides key business information and analysis to business to enable expense, headcount and volumetric targets to be achieved and maintained.
- Monitors general ledger entries and processing streams to ensure the reliability of general ledger information.
- Prepares and analyzes financial performance reports.
- Collaborates with department leaders in the development of capital, expense and personnel plans for forecasting and budgeting.
- Provides expertise on how to use financial data, the application of accounting guidelines,
- standards, procedures and policies.
- Ensures accounting practices are applied to analysis in an ethical and effective manner.
- Minimal work direction needed, highly skilled and knowledgeable to the
- This position might be described as Accounting Professional or Accountant Expert who,
- on top of level 1 and 2, can potentially supervise others, is expert in the field and have extensive experience in this area of work.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Accounting and/or Finance Bachelors Degree.
- 2 + years of project accounting related experience; work scope is project set-up, Month end financial close activities (liabilities, other journal entries, etc), Monthly stewardship (various), Project closures, cancellations and abandonment, Fixed asset movements, Capital vs. Expense decisions, Business and system controls, Other project or financial accounting related activities.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- SAP experience is considered a asset.
- End of Month is going to be busy time- overtime will be required as well as work on holidays.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel including pivot tables.
- SAP, SharePoint and other analytical tools.
- Proven ability to analysis data into meaningful information and being detailed orientated.
- Strong written and verbal communication .
- Ability to work independently while meeting deadlines, strong problem solving skills, self initiating,
- Understand business controls, business risk mindset.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.