Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit an Accountant – Standard Costing on a permanent basis based in Aberdeen, UK.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- Management of Standard Costing rates which consists of adding new employees, reviewing rates queries from the business and rectifying if required and updating rates for changes in burdens and compensation.
- Monitor missing time following up with the business, so that time is posted on a weekly basis.
- Reviewing monthly Standard Costing to Actuals reconciliation following up material variances with the business to identify issues and rectify.
- Responsible for posting the Standard Costing to Actuals true-up journal liaising closely with the business to ensure coded to the correct projects and task codes and system posting validations are corrected and cleared.
- Providing support to the General Ledger team regarding the Staff Costs reconciliation process.
- Other ad hoc tasks as required supporting the General Ledger team.
- Part qualified, or newly qualified accountant
- Good academic record
- Organisational capabilities
- Decision making skills
- Ability to work within challenging timescales
- Strong attention to detail
Note: Interested Candidates kindly submit both CV and relevant Qualification documents and Training Certificates when applying for this role.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.