Devon is a returns-driven oil and gas company that builds value for shareholders through our employees by creating a culture of health, safety, and environmental stewardship in an atmosphere of optimism, teamwork, creativity, and resourcefulness and by dealing with everyone in an open and ethical manner.
Our Vision: To be the premier independent oil and natural gas company in North America.
Internships provide opportunities to learn and apply accounting principles in office settings, through a combination of team and individual project assignments. Devon offers office internships that depend on the candidates experience and the availability of projects.
Duties are those that would typically be assigned to an entry level accountant. Interns apply general principles, theories, and concepts of accounting to assignments such as preparation of journal entries, general ledger reconciliation’s, and to assist with government agency severance tax and royalty returns.
You will receive diversified learning opportunities through on-the-job assignments, utilizing the technical skills that you have acquired in college. This internship will assist you in developing technically and professionally.
Devon’s Intern Recruiting Philosophy
Devon utilizes its internship programs as a tool for staffing full-time positions. An internship allows the company to assess your knowledge, skills, and abilities more accurately and for you to fully evaluate the work experience at Devon.
• Alternate Work Schedule (option for every other Friday off)
• Free access to the Well fitness facility
• Competitively compensated
• Corporate Housing
• Full-time student enrollment
• Pursuing degree in accounting, finance or other related discipline
Conditions of Employment
• Successfully complete a background check and drug screen.
• Presentation of documents establishing identity and permanent U.S. employment eligibility; completion of Federal Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9).
• Internship will start mid-May 2022 and end first of August 2022
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.