ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
Hess Corporation is seeking a high performing, regulatory compliance subject matter expert, who will support the Manager and staff for regulatory compliance for the significant North Dakota, Bakken and GOM assets. This individual will support valuation analysis, technical research, and strategy to comply with ONRR and State regulations, including Indian valuation and SAP PRA maintenance. Duties to also include involvement with State severance tax, 1099 & Non-Residential withholding, and IRS tax filing.
The role will support providing technical direction to the team to deliver Federal and State audit requests, as well as litigation support. This job requires a strong team player with high standards of excellence, attention to detail and ability to multi-task. The position requires active collaboration with Legal, Commercial, Crude Oil Marketing, Revenue, Gas Plant Accounting, Land Asset Management, as well as external experts to deliver valuation analysis to senior management.
This position includes utilizing SAP PRA skills to lean out and improve the royalty compliance and revenue processes. It requires a proactive, self-starter who is able to work independently with good decision-making skills while interpreting and analyzing information specifically for regulatory compliance.
- Ensure accuracy and timely filing of ONRR-2014 Reports and payment of Interest Bills on a monthly basis for GOM & ND assets.
- Understanding of ONRR reporting requirements and be familiar with latest ONRR regulations in the industry.
- Ability to interpret ONRR regulations to enable compliance and ensure allowable deductions are being utilized, as well as royalties are paid correctly for Federal & Indian royalty reporting.
- Manage interest estimates for ONRR royalty on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation, commentaries, and journal entries for ONRR related General Ledger accounts.
- Assist in researching and addressing ONRR Federal audits.
- Perform oil and gas price analysis to enable proper royalty valuation method for Federal & Indian.
- Perform SAP PRA maintenance, including set up of settlement diversity formulas.
- Perform testing of new system implementations or enhancements related to the compliance module.
- Document and maintain departmental processes.
- Assist in developing and promoting sound recommendations that enhance efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Demonstrate initiative in seeking additional responsibility and process improvement opportunity.
- Minimum 5 years of regulatory compliance experience in Oil and Gas industry. ONRR Federal & Indian royalty, State royalty, severance tax, 1099, and Revenue accounting experience with GOM & North Dakota beyond compliance is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Oil and Gas accounting principles.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational and documentation skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP PRA and familiar with ONRR-2014 Report within PRA module, ONRR 2.0 is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proactive, self-starter and ability to work independently or in a team.
- Ability to work in time-sensitive environment to meet deadlines and achieve expectations with requirements for work quality and productivity.
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required. Master’s Degree and CPA is a plus.
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Lisa B Willet | Employee | Finance | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 26645
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.
Be the first to comment