Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Accounting Specialist based in the Woodlands, Texas.
The following are job duties expected of the Accounting Specialist:
- Record operated and non-operated revenue in SAP
- Analyze and monitor suspense for cash received from certain non-operators
- Create SharePoint issues for suspended cash
- Work closely with Land Administration to ensure that division orders are set up for new wells
- Create and maintain master data records for wells in SAP
- Prepare journal entries, including uploading supporting documentation
- Analyze and clear accounts receivable
- Analyze check variance reports
- General accounts receivable experience (e.g. cash application, invoicing, customer relations)
- Microsoft Office knowledge, primarily Excel, is highly preferred
- Experience with SAP or another general ledger accounting system, is preferred
- Must have a strong customer service attitude as well as strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with others and demonstrate a high degree of personal and professional ethics and integrity
- A team-player, willing to help as needed to meet departmental deadlines
- Self-motivated and hardworking individual
- Strong analytical and communication skills; comfortable dealing with peers and management
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and meet short deadlines
- Good problem solving and time management skills
- Upstream Oil and Gas experience / background a plus
- SAP experience a plus
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– Finance Support
– United States-Texas-The Woodlands
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.