Airswift. Administrative Assistant. Houston, TX
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek an Administrative Assistant to join them on an 12 months contract with the possibility to extend or transition into a permanent role in Houston, TX.
Performs administrative duties for VP-HR&O. Responsibilities may include screening calls, making travel and meeting arrangements, monitoring the use of credit cards, processing business expenses in Concur, preparing reports as requested, distributing communications and customer relations.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Relieve management of administrative detail, all projects
- Coordinate workflow
- Update and chase delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines
- Take initiative in VP-HR&O’s absence
- Keep delegated projects on schedule
- Maintain procedures manual to ensure consistent performance of routines
- Management and scheduling of executive conference rooms
- Assist the company with travel approvlas and expense report via Concur
- Monitor the use of credit cards in line with the compliance policy of the company
- Get familiar with the procedures and policy of the HR department
- Compose correspondence/reports for own or manager’s signature
- Arrange essential mail in priority action order for VP_HR&O
- Check deadlines on incoming requests and follow up on distributed documents
- Research, draft or abstract reports as requested
- Arrange “callbacks” to protect VP-HR&O’s time
- Provide back-up materials for callbacks
- Route calls elsewhere as needed
- Maintain calendar; ascertain which events require VP-HR&O’s presence
- Make all necessary arrangements for meetings for the VP_HR&O.
- Fix commitments to maximize VP-HR&O’s time efficiency; Allow decision/desk time. When VP-HR&O chairs meetings – prepare agenda in advance, arrange meeting facilities, follow up for confirmation of attendance.
- Perform to earn VP-HR&O’s full confidence. Assure discreet handling of all business. Screen to control interruptions. Provide back-up data as needed
- Arrange amenities as needed
- Arrange travel for VP-HR&O through internal or outside agents
- Prepare itinerary, trip file and supplies. Prepare expense report tools for VP-HR&O. Complete expense reports after trip
- Organize and plan the events, arranging details as outlined by the VP-HR&O.
- Propose budget for approval of the VP-HR&O and maintain approved budget for the event.
- Preferred: BS in Business Administration or equivalent industry experience. Minimum Requirements: High School diploma, five years secretarial/administrative support experience and at least two years of executive secretary experience.
- Use office equipment such as computer, calculator, copy and fax machine
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of oil and gas terminology
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suites, excellent spelling & grammar skills.
- Intermediate use of Excel
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading O&G company, please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.