Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem’s market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2020 for the principal products it manufactures and markets.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Administrative Coordinator with our Oxychem Chicago Silicates Plant located in Chicago, IL.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Provides management and Human Resources support such as maintaining personnel and other plant files, assisting with staffing activities, new hire orientations, and producing routine metrics reports.
- Provides a high level of systems expertise with a significant emphasis on PeopleSoft data and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) administration.
- Maintains a working knowledge of various departmental and facility initiatives as well as related policies, procedures, and practices.
- Maintains complex databases and processes, as required, to support plant staff and related plant activities.
- Coordinates site wellness program.
- Audits HR files and data periodically to ensure accuracy.
- Provides support for HR related projects including, but not limited to, recruiting, employee testing, training, benefits facilitation, affirmative action, community relations, budgeting, service and recognition awards, and employee activities/events execution.
- Provides a customer service focus by answering employee requests, questions, and/or directing them to the appropriate source.
- Schedules, coordinates, and attends meetings, as requested, ensuring availability of needed resources and supplies.
- Provides clerical support, as required, for maintaining procedures, processes, updates, routing, and distribution.
- Responsible for organizing and prioritizing heavy workloads with accuracy and minimal supervision, meeting critical deadlines.
- Performs routine miscellaneous clerical tasks as required, such as visitor reception, opening and distributing mail, scanning or faxing information, data entry and filing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assist all site personnel as needed.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, i.e. GED
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in administrative support role or equivalent competencies.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at different levels of the organization and with key customers.
- Highly effective team player with strong interpersonal and administrative technical skills.
- Capable of organizing and prioritizing heavy and diverse workloads with accuracy and minimal supervision while meeting critical deadlines.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Exhibit a high level of personal drive and initiative.
- Advanced level of proficiency in PC applications and operating systems including Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint).
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft and/or HRIS database, SAP, and Taleo
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
– Production/Operations Support
– United States-Illinois-Chicago
– OXY CHEM
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.