ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota â€“ a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industryâ€™s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
We seek an experienced and well-rounded geophysicist who will provide technical/operational expertise during the upcoming of the Ephesus prospect in Newfoundland.Â In parallel with this, the candidate will participate in ongoing new ventures interpretation, screening opportunities across the breadth of the Atlantic Margin.Â Key talents are an understanding of deep-water settings (both structurally and stratigraphically) and an ability to work across the value data chain (grav/mag, 2D and 3D).Â Background strengths should include the ability to integrate structural and stratigraphic concepts with seismic interpretation and well data control. A desire to challenge existing models to seek new and innovative solutions to complex problems will be a major part of the role.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generation and characterization of impactful exploration opportunities and their associated key uncertainties and risks
- Provide high quality seismic interpretation integrated with all nearby well control
- Close collaboration with internal and external data processing providers to ensure high quality seismic products are generated for the Miocene team
- Utilization of quantitative interpretation methods with the appropriate tools to further address subsurface risks and uncertainties
- Contribute 2D and 3D regional seismic interpretation, including sub-salt and structurally complex areas with challenged seismic image quality
- Ensure evergreen data integration and regional map compilation from multiple data sets
- Databasing and quality control with the appropriate capture of data and interpretive products
- Contribute map products that define and constrain play-fairways for play-based exploration work
- Participate in a healthy cross-functional team environment through application of the Hess Values and Leading at Hess competencies
- An understanding and appreciation of industry trends and activity â€“ tied into scout client services
- Proven track record of data integration, structural and stratigraphic interpretation, and opportunity generation
- Technical expertise or familiarity with the regional geology and prospective plays in the Deepwater Atlantic Margin
- Structural understanding of, and seismic interpretation experience in linked extension/compressional systems, salt basins and transform margins
- Experience with seismic data conditioning of gathers, seismic-to-well ties and calibration, seismic attribute analysis and basic rock physics
- Strong presentation skills and ability to interact well with all team members regardless of background and experience
- Experience as geophysical lead during well operations
Education, Training & Certifications
- 15 or more years of experience in the Oil/Gas industry â€“ experience working new ventures/frontier basins an asset
- Extensive experience in Deepwater Exploration
- B.S. in Geology or Geophysics (or related field) is required.
Leading at Hess Competencies
- Â Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, clickÂ hereÂ or send an email toÂ MyHR@Hess.com
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.