Canadian Natural Resources has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Labour Relations/Human Resources (LR/HR) Advisor. Your demonstrated ability to wear many hats in the LR/HR world is exactly what we are seeking in this role. As an expert in your field, you will be involved in the development and implementation of a business strategy that will encompass many facets for CNRL. Your ability to collaborate, coach and develop relationships will make you an amazing fit for CNRL.
- Understand the business strategy and effectively plan, develop, implement, educate and provide guidance to CNRL leadership and employees on policy/structure/plans
- Act as an LR/HR resource with a focus on developing, advising and coaching
- Manage the whole life cycle of employee activity including performance management, compensation planning, employee development, workforce and resource planning,
- Gather and analyze data to interpret trends and determine leadership priorities
- Proactively plan and strategize effective change management
- Develop and maintain relationships with key external and internal stakeholders
- Provided expertise and advice on collective agreements, union negotiations, grievances and arbitration
- Create and execute LR/HR policies and procedures
- Job location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Eligible for relocation to Fort McMurray, Calgary or Edmonton
- Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Shift schedule: 8 days on, 6 days off, 10-hour days
- Extensive travel to BC and other CNRL locations will be required (50%+)
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- Human Resources education (CPHR is an asset) with a specialization in Labour Relations
- 7+ years of LR/HR related work experience
- Working knowledge of Employment Standards and Federal labour relations practices for Alberta and British Columbia
- Experience working with the complexities of unionized work environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships through a collaborative, tactful methodology
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd- “Canadian Natural” is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is July 26, 2021. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.