Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
ConocoPhillips is Alaska’s largest crude oil producer and largest owner of exploration leases, with approximately 1.6 million net undeveloped acres at year-end 2021. The company produced an average of 197 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2021. ConocoPhillips has major ownership interests in two of North America’s largest oil fields, both located on Alaska’s North Slope—Kuparuk, which the company operates, and Prudhoe Bay. Additionally, ConocoPhillips operates the Alpine Field located on the Western North Slope. The company has an ownership interest in the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS) and owns/operates the Polar Tankers fleet.
This is a Safety Sensitive Position.
ConocoPhillips Alaska is recruiting for an Instrumentation Technician position for our North Slope Operations in Alaska. If you are selected for this position, you will be remotely based working a 14-day on/14-day off rotation schedule. Instrument Technicians in North Slope Operations work in the maintenance department at one or more of three Central Production Facilities (CPF’s) and Alpine located in the Greater Kuparuk and Western North Slope areas and report to the Maintenance Supervisor at the facility. Your role will work in a Journeyman role and develop/demonstrate skills and knowledge to allow for progression within the Journeyman instrumentation position.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Performance of the Journeyman Instrumentation Technician duties in North Slope Operations, specifically drill sites and facility
- Performing maintenance on industrial instrumentation process control systems, calibration and testing, repairing electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic instruments, valve repair, PLC & DCS and SIS systems, and turbine controls
- Performing general maintenance functions such as troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance
- New installation of instrumentation and control systems in hazardous/classified areas
- Functional checkout/commissioning of new equipment and facilities
- Proficiency using test and calibration equipment
- Utilizing safe work practices and actively participating in company safety processes and programs
- Working in a team environment with a wide range of personnel
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Associate degree or Technical School Degree in Instrumentation or higher
- Current/valid driver’s license
- 5+ years of instrumentation experience in an industrial environment
- 5+ years of experience in the oil and gas industry
- Willing and able (with or without a reasonable accommodation) to complete annual Performance enhancement program (PEAK)
- Willing and able (with or without a reasonable accommodation) to work and live in a remote site in the Arctic, including working outside in harsh weather conditions
- Willing and able (with or without a reasonable accommodation) to safely perform strenuous physical activity such as lifting, bending, carrying material and climbing ladders/stairs daily
- 10+ years of field experience
- Ability to deliver Zero Incident HSE Results
- Demonstrate active leadership/participation/engagement in achieving a Zero Incident Culture
- Experience with installation, commissioning and maintenance of oil and gas industrial equipment and automation control systems.
- Experience in commissioning or maintenance leadership role with track record of achievement, partnership, technical growth, and increasing responsibilities.
- Instrumentation technician candidates should have a facility process background
- Experience with a maintenance management system (SAP preferred)
- Ability to read, interpret, and red-line P&ID (piping and inst. drawings)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computing skills, including proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what’s right
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 5, 2022.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.