Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
ConocoPhillips is Alaska’s largest crude oil producer and largest owner of exploration leases, with approximately 1.6 million net undeveloped acres at year-end 2021. The company produced an average of 197 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2021. ConocoPhillips has major ownership interests in two of North America’s largest oil fields, both located on Alaska’s North Slope—Kuparuk, which the company operates, and Prudhoe Bay. Additionally, ConocoPhillips operates the Alpine Field located on the Western North Slope. The company has an ownership interest in the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS) and owns/operates the Polar Tankers fleet.
The North Slope Infrastructure / Put-on-Production (POP) Engineer is part of a larger team that provides operations projects execution support for ConocoPhillips (COP)’s North Slope operated asset Kuparuk. This position fulfills an engineering function, including collaborating with Superintendents fieldwide, POP Team members, and discipline engineering peers for all technical aspects of infrastructure and POP performance.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Provide engineering support for the POP program, including walking down projects, writing design requests, and preparing field design packages. The goal for this individual will be to have design requests submitted 6 months ahead of the rig schedule so that there is time for design, procurement, and fabrication activities before the rig arrives
- Provide general engineering support for North Slope Infrastructure (e.g., camps, welding and fabrication shops, wastewater treatment plant & incinerator, emergency power, airport, fire protection systems, vehicle maintenance shop, etc.). Provide engineering support for operating & maintenance issues, regulatory compliance, troubleshooting, and incident investigations/breakdown reports. This can include feasibility analysis, scope development, writing design requests, preparing field design packages, material selection, process safety management, and construction support/startup
- Ensure applicable industry and company standard and codes are adhered to and seek support of company Technical Authorities as required for clarifications
- Provide leadership and strong advocacy for process and personal safety through participation in the facility and field safety processes.
- Support HSE goals
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or higher or foreign equivalent
- 3+ years engineering and design experience
- Willing or able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to travel 20% on an annual basis to the North Slope
- Advanced level of experience with Mechanical/Piping engineering in North Slope oilfield
- Advanced level of knowledge of commercial and industrial building codes and standards (IBC, IFC, NFPA, IMC, ASHRAE, ASME, ANSI …)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to resolve conflicts
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 17, 2023.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.
Be the first to comment