Who We Are
We are one of the world’s leading exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
Supply Chain Overview
Working in partnership with operations management, our supply chain team works to create maximum value for the company. It’s our job to procure and handle the goods and services that enable ConocoPhillips to deliver on complex projects and daily operations across the globe.
Everyone on the supply chain team plays a critical role in helping ConocoPhillips to succeed by providing commercial and proactive procurement expertise. Not only do we strive for the effective management of our cost structure, we focus on supply base management strategies that support the company’s commitment to safety and environmental and social responsibility.
As a Supply Chain Analyst, you will be able to develop your commercial, analytical, and communication skills through a variety of professional positions with Supply Chain. Supply Chain positions include Sourcing and Contracts Coordination, Market Intelligence, Shared Services Procurement, Technology Enablement, Transactional Excellence, Materials Management, and Logistics.
Supply Chain Analysts are exposed to market analysis, sourcing, contracting, transactional procurement, material management, logistics, technology solutions, analytics, and supplier relations. Specific results will be defined by assignment, which will differ for each new hire. Your supervisor will provide mentorship and guidance throughout your career as well as periodic performance evaluations.
While most assignments will be at our headquarters in Houston, Texas, some roles may be in our Anchorage, Alaska, Bartlesville, Oklahoma and Midland, Texas offices or local field offices in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, North Dakota, and Wyoming. You may be eligible for the voluntary hybrid office work (HOW) program that is designed to provide employees with flexibility while maintaining the advantages of in-person engagement.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Partnering with operations to assess supplier landscape, conduct sourcing events, and award contracts to meet business needs
- Executing transactions as part of the Requisition-to-Pay Process
- Working with suppliers and internal partners to improve transactional purchasing or eCommerce process execution
- Using supply chain reporting tools to perform analyses of market conditions, business performance, or other areas to find opportunities to reduce cost, reduce risk, improve efficiency, or improve effectiveness
- Participating in activities related to the Long-Range Plans (LRP) process; coordinate and assist in the preparation of team plans and budgets
- Identifying and/or executing business process improvements or automation initiatives with internal teams and/or suppliers
- Utilizing benchmarking, financial statements, market research sources, and public analyst reports to interpret market and costing conditions and/or to evaluate suppliers’ performance
- Performing Contract Analytics (spend to contract, price validation, contract leakage, unit price history) to aid in contract management activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers to facilitate supplier performance in support of operations
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee and will not need sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Energy Management/Energy Commerce, Finance, Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related discipline or foreign equivalent
- Current level in college: Senior or Graduate Student
- Expected graduation date: Fall 2022 through Spring/Fall 2023
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing to work in either of these locations: Houston, TX, Midland, TX, Bartlesville, OK, Anchorage, AK, New Mexico, North Dakota, or Wyoming
- A minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of Procurement / Supply Chain processes, procedures, practices & techniques
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheet and analytic tools
- Proven ability to build effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Demonstrates taking ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by fearlessly dealing with important problems, holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
- Listens actively and invites dialogue for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve results
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
ConocoPhillips will conduct interviews at many universities in the U.S. during the Fall of 2022. Please check with your university career services to find out if and when we will be visiting your campus. If ConocoPhillips is interviewing on your campus, you must register with your career service office and complete your online application prior to the university deadlines to be considered for these interviews. If we are not making a visit to your campus and you are selected for an interview, our recruiters will contact you directly to schedule the interview.
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions, attaching your resume with transcripts, and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 31, 2022.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F (F1-Academic Student), G, H (H1-B), I, J, L, M (M1-Vocational Student), NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.