At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil in Singapore
ExxonMobil is one of Singapore’s largest foreign manufacturing investors with over S$25 billion in fixed asset investments.
We have manufacturing facilities that include an integrated world-scale refining and petrochemical complex in Jurong and Jurong Island, a network of service stations under the Esso brand, operate a lubricant plant and are a supplier of cylinder cooking gas. ExxonMobil provides customers and commercial markets in the region with ground transportation, industrial, aviation and marine fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and liquefied natural gas (LNG).
As Singapore serves as the AP hub for some of our businesses, we employ about 3,500 people across positions in operations, projects, commercial, corporate support functions and others.
ExxonMobil also contributes to community programs in Singapore that support the arts, education, health and the environment.
For more information, visit www.exxonmobil.com.sg or follow us on Instagram @exxonmobil_sg
What you will do
Provide analyzer expertise to assist Operations & Maintenance teams to support reliability improvement and long-term equipment improvement initiatives
Develop and manage equipment strategies as per the site safety and reliability practices
Collaborate when needed with other engineering disciplines to support miscellaneous asset operations
Provide analyzer expertise for field and online analyzer applications (chromatographic, spectroscopic, electrochemical, etc.), physical property analyzers and combustibles and Toxic gas detectors to enable assets to meet safety, environmental, regulatory and process control requirements
Monitor process analyzer performance data, apply statistical tools to assess analyzer performance
Drive improvements in analyzer performance and quantify the improvements in a performance scorecard
Lead/support incident investigations and root-cause failure analysis to identify and address the failure cause and provide appropriate recommendations on risk based work selection
Remain abreast of industry standards developments (e.g., ASTM, ISA, ISO, IEC); and Identify and support opportunities to improve site analyzer performance
Provide design and engineering management support to greenfield and brownfield projects:
Develop project design specifications for analyzer systems
Perform analyzer engineering calculations (e.g., fast loop lag time, probe wake frequency, ventilation requirements, phase envelopes)
Support cost estimation for analyzers and analyzer systems
Skills and Qualifications
- A recognized degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering (preferably with specialization in instrumentation or electronics), Electronics Engineering, Instrumentation & Control Systems, Chemistry (advanced degree preferred) or equivalent
- Preferably with at least five (5) years of working experience supporting Online Process Analyzers in the oil & gas, refining, or petrochemical industry, or related industries
- Knowledge and working experience in:
- Various analytical chemistry techniques (Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, Infrared & Ultraviolet Spectroscopy) Physical Property Analyzers and Gas Detectors
- Key oil and gas, petrochemical or refining processes and their associated analyzer applications
- Analyzer communication/transmission protocol and networking consideration for interface to Distributed Control Systems(DCS)
- Industry standards, country-specific regulations, and local codes
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in any of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Multivariate model based analyzer applications for unique process measurements;
- Multiple open platforms (e.g., MATLAB, Pirouette) to develop models;
- OPC servers/Analyzer Data Network and DCS/PLC interface
- Data analytics platforms (e.g. JMP, Seeq) and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Verbal and written English proficiency
- Willing and able to travel as required, both domestic and international
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last and we provide job rotations throughout your career with us. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
Currently our employees benefits include: Long Term Savings Allowance, dental reimbursement, annual health checkups and Home Ownership Assistance Plan amongst others and these are updated from time to time.
Stay connected with us:
- Learn more at our website
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Subscribe our channel at YouTube
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity in conformance with all applicable laws and regulations to individuals who are qualified to perform job requirements. The Company administers its personnel policies, programs, and practices in a non-discriminatory manner in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, work assignment, promotion, transfer, termination, wage and salary administration, and selection for training.
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and you can find out more about our hiring process here.
We thank you for your interest in ExxonMobil.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.exxonmobil.com.