Petroplan is actively recruiting an Accounts Payable Analyst for a Houston-based client. This position will work with the Treasury and Accounting Departments to process payments for most vendors, improve working capital through the payment cycle, support the forecast and budget process with respect to general expenses, maintain solid policy compliance and internal controls and establish good business relationships with suppliers.
Our client is seeking someone Spanish-speaking, hands-on, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
***This will be a short-term contract (~6 months) ***
- Maintaining supplier files and records, create new suppliers, delete old vendors and maintain supplier master file current and updated in the ERP (Sage Intacct)
- Coordinating the accounts payable process to ensure accurate, efficient and timely recording of invoices and its payment. This includes:
- Process invoices daily
- Confirm proper coding and approval of invoices in accordance with delegation of authority
- Record journal entries or accrue expenses in appropriate accounts, cost centers, projects and departments as needed
- File invoices and maintain complete and accurate supporting files and documentation
- Prepare payment batches according to payment cycles
- Reply to accounts payable inquiries regarding invoices and payments and serve as the focal point for initiating and receiving vendor calls
- Communicate with vendors, suppliers and employees to create a professional working relationship and establish and maintain a strong business reputation with vendors
- Review and reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Provide recommendations concerning improvements in AP policies, processes and procedures
- Prepare and analyze the AP aging reports
- Assist in reconciling bank accounts – payments and charges
- Maintaining user master files and creating new users as needed
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounts payable and at least 1 year of experience as an analyst preferable
Advanced User in Excel
***This position is required to be in office 5 days of the week
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What’s more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today’s world of work – it’s about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you’re looking for from your next role.
To apply for this job please visit www.petroplan.com.