Application Operations Engineer
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving technical problems?
Join our Oilfield Services Digital Team!
Our Oilfield Services business provides intelligent, connected technologies to monitor and control our energy extraction assets. Our Digital Team partners with business units and clients to develop software and technical innovation. We collaborate with our development teams in science, mechanical and electrical engineering, physics, and geoscience to develop innovative software.
Partner with the best
You will be responsible for monitoring real-time Well Link Drilling and Production, incident management, data quality assurance. In addition, technical support and resolution to BH customers.
As an Application Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing Oil Field support of instrumentation (flow, temperature, pressure), well controls (RTU and PLC), communications network (radio, cell modem. Oil Field support includes proactive monitoring, maintenance, installation support, configuration, and commissioning of wells.
- Monitoring and managing overall health of SCADA system including system consistency, communication, performance, data relevance, and Oil Field Services related application’s support and Notifying other groups within the company of updates to automation equipment in the Oil Field and data layout within SCADA systems.
- Running Daily operation and performance reporting
- Experiencing working with variable speed drives, automation, and instrumentation.
- Helping to maintain and develop Standard Operating Procedures and Communicating and facilitate continuous improvement
- Supporting the development of new services and testing of new features
- Conducting Training of Production-Link and Well-Link Products new features to technical support team
- Handling Additional projects as assigned by BEACON Service Center Manager and Service Manager
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering OR Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferably in Electronics & instrumentation
- Have 3+ years of experience in oilfield operations Or Non-Domain expertise with knowledge on IT Services & Support. (Recommended)
- Understand the Oil Wells Workflow and terminology, Well Tags Template management
- Have worked on Oil Field SCADA systems & Controllers
- Have a knowledge of MODBUS and OPC UA is a must
- Have a knowledge of incident management systems
- Able to facilitate multi-cultural, multi-location teams and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Be a detail oriented and experienced in working with strict deadlines
- Have a knowledge of ISO 9001, SDLC process and ITIL Framework with Incident Management (Desired)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home or any other work location (up to 5 days a week) in current pandemic situation post pandemic requires approval
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- · Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.