Artificial Lift Surveillance Engineer
Houston – United States
The ALSC (Artificial Lift Surveillance Center) Surveillance Engineer proactively oversees the wells and Artificial Lift System behavior under his/her area responsibility and connection to the Real-Time system/s. He/She reports any observed anomaly and makes recommendations to solve them. The work schedule is 12×7 (12 hours a day, 7 days a week) followed by a 7-day off period between shifts.The position reports directly to ALSC Manager and has a strong communication and collaboration with Application Engineers (AEs), Customer Engagement Coordinators (CECs), Sales Team and Clients.
Role and responsibilities:
System set up and Maintenance
- Ensure that the wells are commissioned properly and have communication as soon as they are created, as per the First Time Commissioning Procedure.
- Manage user accounts
- Setup and manage alarms and notifications in LiftWatcher in coordination with the corresponding AE or Account Manager
- Maintain LDAP “LiftWatcher Primary Contacts” list of approvers for countries in his area
- Follow up with AEs, ProSer, InTouch for non-communicating wells
- Connectivity hardware Inventory, Installation forecast and availability
- Give support on well connectrf to the system when needed
Diagnostic and Well Evaluation
- Perform well surveillance by responding to appropriate alarms and well events, notify AE, Account Manager and/or client as appropriate
- Establish a baseline for system performance. Generate alerts to highlight potential problems and opportunities and follow up with AEs and clients via emails and phone calls
- Follow well alarms and identifying relevant trend
- Ensure relevant events are logged in QUEST and LiftIQ with actions to the corresponding GeoMarket/GeoUnit field/Product Line responsible
- Perform pump diagnostics when needed
- Deliver email alerts or notification to report: problems, opportunities, changes
- Generate and deliver Well status daily/ weekly/ monthly report for each well, and other KPI reports for the various clients as per agreements
- Follow Up with AEs and clients about opportunities for production improvement identified through the pump and/or reservoir diagnostics, on monthly/ quarterly Quality meetings.
Internal and external reporting
- Present and explain reports to Artificial Lift AEs / Clients
- Participate in PTA analysis and report
- Prepare both technical and marketing presentations
Single point of contact and Business Representative
- The main point of contact for the clients, sending notifications and reports, presenting & explaining reports results, training in the use of the applications, or any other issue related to the system
- Generate Real-Time business best practices, case studies, and papers
- Act as point of contact to implement support for new RTUs and their Field Test
- Ensure accurate tracking of revenue from LiftWatcher service
- Contact for Real-Time related cross Product Line activities
- Gather and transmit requirements for system issues, bug, and needed enhancements, especially capturing client’s needs and requests
- Conduct quarterly QUEST reports and action items review
- Conduct monthly/quarterly Service Quality meetings
- Update legal and technical documentation to comply with local needs/regulations
- Comply with all the Schlumberger Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment policies and standards in order to ensure a safe workplace and deliver high-quality products
- Comply with SQ reporting objectives for RT ALSC
- Mentoring Junior Surveillance Engineers and Technicians working in ALSC
- Support sales teams in preparation of LiftWatcher and Real-Time services Technical and Commercial section of proposals, for individual sites or tender packages
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: BSc/MSc degree in Engineering
- Previous Experience and Competencies: At least 3 years’ experience in ESP field service operations and 1-year ALS application engineering or DIFA experience, technical sales/business development. Completed the Artificial Lift Training program and proficient with AL Design and Diagnostics, particularly Electrical Submersible Pumps: down-hole and surface equipment, and its affinity laws. Or Technical Sale profile with a solid understanding of well inflow-outflow concepts
- Special Training: LiftWatcher, LiftIQ, MS Access Database, and SharePoint, DesignPro Diagnostics, Application Engineering, ESP-Production Engineering, Soft Skills (leadership, technical communication, and presentation)
- Competencies to be kept current
- Proficient with down-hole sensor technology and field operations parameters, well tests, others
- Able to work 12 hours shift constantly and rotate between dayshift and nightshift.
- Able to discuss with clients in production and reservoir terms
- Understands how RT data flows and is able to communicate with ProSer and the AEs in system technical subjects
- Good personnel management, mentoring and coaching skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.