Assembly, Maintenance, and Overhaul (AMO) Cable Technician
Do you enjoy assembly and maintenance?
Would you like the opportunity to work in a global energy company?
Join our cutting-edge Manufacturing team!
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. We are a cross functional team and the required maintenance and troubleshooting of industrial equipment according to Baker Hughes strategies.
Partner with the best
As an Assembly, Maintenance and Overhaul (AMO) Cable Technician you will troubleshoot, test, assemble, disassemble and perform the visual inspection of power cable. Whilst assisting in repairing and modifying non-conforming cable, you will perform all test with minimal instruction. You will provide technical support across the business whilst complying with HS&E policies.
As an AMO Cable Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Breaking down and redress a variety of oilfield tools and reassembly in preparation for their next assignment.
- Maintaining, testing and assembling cable and motor leads for operations.
- Working to pre-defined procedures in line with established work practices.
- Assisting in reworking, repairing and modifying non-conforming cable.
- Providing coaching to other technicians in areas of proven competence.
- Handling special projects, as assigned.
- Meeting Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be able to read, interpret and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices.
- Possess basic skills in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes required.
- Be able to work efficiently in a team environment and communicate effectively in a courteous manner.
- Have a dedicated focus towards safety and quality.
- Have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, good mechanical aptitude and basic computer skills.
- Have knowledge of workshop equipment and their uses (shop tooling, measurement and material handling).
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- This is a shift based working pattern with the ability to do overtime – please talk to us about your desired working schedule on application.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.