I am seeking an Assistant Engine Room Supervisor to work with my client in Luanda, Angola on a contract.
Engine Room Equipment and Systems and Utilities Operation and Maintenance
- Prepare Engine Room Plant and Systems for start-up, including vessel utility systems sourced from ER.
- Start and Monitor Engine Room Plant and Systems, including vessel utility systems sourced from ER.
- Prepare and Shutdown Engine Room Plant and Systems, including vessel utility systems sourced from ER.
- Isolate and reinstate Engine Room Plant and for Maintenance, including vessel utility systems sourced from ER.
Manage And Supervise Effectively
- Establish effective relationships with colleagues and subordinates.
- Establish scope of work clearly (briefings, toolbox talks, presentations.)
- Plan and control use of resources effectively. (Personnel, time, materials, transport, IT).
- Use of communication skills shows leadership (oral, teambuilding, recording, noting, handover, analysing.
- Objective and consistent in assessment of subordinates using competence assessment system.
- Make recommendations and improvements in working practices for greater safety, efficiency and profitability.
- Ensure all Maintenance (Routine and breakdown) is completed and recorded accurately and clearly
- Ensure all plant and machinery complies with Class and Inspections
Contribute To Control Of Critical Situations And Respond To Emergencies
- Developing critical situations (operational, weather, equipment failure, leaks, fires personnel etc) are identified and logged for later analysis
- Positive action is taken to limit escalation and to maintain control using applied policies or procedures or initiative
- External agencies as appropriate are alerted in good time.
Monitor and Maintain Pollution Control Measures
- Sample and check that controlled discharges from area of responsibility to the environment are within prescribed limits
- Identify and halt unplanned discharges where possible, and reported immediately according to policy, procedure and regulation.
- Equipment, waste or other materials for disposal are dealt with according to the correct procedure
- Resources such as PPE materials tools and spares are not wasted or used inefficiently
- Show competence during drills and exercises.
- Carry Out Emergency Response Role
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.