1.0 CORPORATE REQUIREMENTS
Job Title: Assistant Mechanic
Job Category: Operations (Offshore)
(Reactivation) – Rio De Janeiro (Operations)
Rig Type: Drillship
Rig Name: West Carina / West Jupiter
1.1 ROLE SUMMARY
Assist the Mechanic with his/her daily duties where applicable.
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties
· That technical related certification at all times is valid and available onboard
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
1.4 JOB SPECIFIC
· Maintenance and repair is performed as instructed.
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· Required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
1.5 EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS
· Maintaining all relevant equipment and maintenance records.
· As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.
· As per Seadrill training and competence directives.
2.0 REGIONAL REQUIREMENTS
This section describes requirements deemed necessary for this position in the respective region and are considered as additions to the requirements outlined in Section 1.
The requirements in Section 1 are to be considered minimum corporate requirements and deviations from same are to be handled in accordance to the Directive for Handling of non-conformities.
To apply for this job please visit seadrill.csod.com.