Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
BASIC ACCOUNTABILITY The E&P Ops Production Field Assistant Foreman provides assistance to reporting Production Foreman by promoting and providing guidance, direction through work optimization, prioritization and ensures training and development of assigned direct reports and other stakeholders. Will provide commitment to standardized processes, continuous improvement and helps coordinate the day to day operations of assigned company and contract personnel per current business needs and priorities. Assists with budget, production and failure reviews with focus on current environment value.
High School diploma or equivalent
Requires a minimum of 5 years of related industry experience
- Understand and apply all Company policies and ensures others comply with these policies
- Assist Supervision of site field operations of the Company’s operated properties including daily production, operation and maintenance of production facilities
- Identify and understand opportunities for improvements in production, cost efficiencies and/or problem areas (problems impacting uptime, reliability optimization, chemical and power usage etc.) make proposal recommendations to Production Foreman
- Consensus building demeanor with management, peers, direct reports and contractors to advance operational efficiencies.
- Utilize the Company’s Operating Expense statements and other sources of data as part of the identification of opportunities; provide recommendations to the Production Foreman, Production and Facilities Engineers, particularly in the areas requiring engineering support and/or analysis
- Assist with hiring, training and mentoring of Production Operators and support their performance development, training plans, feedback and coaching.
- Reinforce provided direction to team members emphasizing, environment/health/safety, quality, efficiency, productivity, cost value, and morale wellness.
- Able to understand and articulate the supporting reasons and value of processes and priorities.
- Develop and maintain positive team member relations centered on mutual trust, dignity, respect, fairness, consistency, two-way communication, teamwork, and alignment wellness.
- Maintain regulatory, environmental, and safety compliance
- Possess the right and obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected
- Provide field wide contact with all personnel in the event of emergency or other significant occurrences
- Contribute to development of operational and safety processes related to SOPs, operating/maintenance procedures, JHA’s , PHA review and GAP analysis
- Secure and maintain all Company issued equipment, including but not limited to computers, vehicles, and analysis or test equipment
- Oil and Gas Industry Experience Preferred
- Practice safe work habits at all times
- Commitment to safety and environmental stewardship
- Demonstrate commitment to Devon Attributes
- Basic to Advanced computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work within a team environment
- Creative individual, capable of analyzing and solving mechanical and system problems
- Strong leadership, supervisory and coaching skills
- Understanding of economic evaluations and indicators and how they affect projects
- Must be able to work schedule that supports business needs
- Able to travel and work extended hours on short notice
- Live in or be willing to relocate to the local operating area as required by Devon Energy
- Position requires operation of Company vehicles. Incumbent must maintain a clean driving record and adhere to Company policies
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.