JOB TITLE: Assistant Technical Section Leader
REPORTING TO: Technical Section Leader
LOCATION: Gulf of Mexico, Offshore
Broaden your horizons. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
Act as a Deputy of the Technical Section Leader and assist him/her with the management of the technical department as well as execution of maintenance and repairs of all machinery and equipment onboard.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Minimum two years experience in an Offshore or Marine Environment
· 1st Assistant Engineer STCW ’95 III/2 and flag state equivalent
· Broad range of mechanical and electrical skills. Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties
· Ensure that technical related certification at all times is valid and available onboard
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· That clear daily guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
· Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
· Operational progress is reported to the Rig Manager and OIM as required.
· Required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
· Active participation in meeting activities.
· Subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Managing the overall condition and maintenance of all equipment onboard.
· Managing the technical department.
· Budgetary control of the department.
· Keeping the filing system onboard the unit up to date.
EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS
· Machinery and equipment is operated in accordance to OEM guidelines.
· That the all equipment is maintained as required and maintenance is recorded.
· Sufficient stock of equipment spare parts and materials is maintained.
· Assists the Technical Section Leader with all certificates for Class, Flag State and
regulatory body requirements
· Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered to by the
· Promote and develop maintenance task optimization and provide feedback to
technical team / maintenance manager. Follow up and implement approved changed
· Assist the Technical Section Leader to ensure that all Third Party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed and maintained while on the rig
· Develop and promote effective troubleshooting condition evaluation and root cause failure analysis programs for all technical equipment
· Responsible for coordinating management of change for design modification of equipment and vessel
· Perform or lead incident investigation as required
· Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering and use of fuel, lubes, potable water and drill water
· Assist the electrical department with repair and maintenance of electrical equipment as required
· Assist the drilling department with repair and maintenance of drilling equipment as required
· Carry out classification surveys as part of continuous survey of machinery
· Monitor the power plant controls and power distribution. Ensure power is available at all times
· Establish and maintain a working relationship with the Client representative
· Liaise with shore based technical staff to ensure a timely transfer of knowledge within the fleet
· Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc.
· Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Must be fully COVID vaccinated and able to provide record
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN REURN
Wherever you join us you’ll be part of a team that takes pride in maintaining their colleagues’ safety as well as their own, to ensure safe and successful operations. We employ the best in the industry, and we want to keep it that way. So if you want to keep developing your skills, we’ll give you every opportunity. We also offer a competitive reward package, with an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit seadrill.csod.com.