We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision, applies functional specifications and uses engineering tools to design hardware for product changes, new development, component test development, and manufacturing process improvements.
- Under minimal supervision, participates in analysis, modification and design for multiple products and/or projects of greater complexity which requires proficiency in the application of standard materials and components.
- Assists in preparing component specifications, follows work processes to document designs, and prepares materials for design reviews.
- Under minimal supervision, uses engineering tools to document and compare the results in controlled databases.
- Identifies the testing objectives at a component level in accordance with Halliburton Health, Safety, and Environment procedures and evaluates test results.
- Collaborates with mentors to understand the basic content required to submit an invention disclosure, and recognizes ideas that have IP potential without disclosing confidential information.
- Works effectively as a team member by communicating clearly and efficiently to provide innovative solutions.
- Collaborates within a broad team including design engineers, manufacturing operators, and technicians, and quality control.
- Advises and assists in handling of field and manufacturing problems to maintain and improve products and services.
- Job tasks impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Takes the initiative to go beyond what situations require and focuses on attention to detail by making sure that work is done correctly, completely, and to the highest standards.
- Be able to create and check engineering drawings.
- Strong mechanical trouble shooting skills.
- Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting.
- Experience with a CAD system.
- Skills acquired though the completion of an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
Desired Traits and Skills:
- Project Management – capital equipment, process development
- Lean manufacturing experience, lean transition experience is a plus
- Process controls, data acquisition, PLC and shop networks
- Design and integration of process automation to improve employee safety and product quality
- Proven leadership abilities
- Strong presentation abilities
- Strong communication, analytical and decision-making skills
- Effective time management and project management
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
16548 Donwick Drive, Conroe, Texas, 77385, United States
Requisition Number: 172578
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Drill Bits and Service
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.halliburton.com.
Be the first to comment