Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
At Devon, we will offer you a career full of energy and unmatched opportunities to solve today’s greatest challenges. Innovation, creative problem-solving and positive change happen when people step out of their comfort zone and think differently. Our values, workplace practices, wellness programs, benefits and compensation are aimed at helping employees manage their unique personal life and care for their families so they can focus on contributing to the fullest.
The Automation Foreman supervises and coordinates a team of automation, measurement, and electrician employees to ensure the safe, cost effective, technically correct installation and maintenance of automation, measurement, electrical, and communications equipment associated with oil and gas production for base production.
High school diploma or equivalent; Associate degree in applicable field is preferred.
Requires a minimum of 7 years of related industry experience.
• Ensure that field operations are being conducted in compliance with all applicable state, province, and federal regulations.
• Ensure that work is completed in a safe, efficient, and environmentally sound manner
• Demonstrate safe and ethical behavior at all times and has an obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected
• Support the health, safety and welfare of all personnel working within his/her area of responsibility including visitors, contract personnel, and company employees
• Supervise hiring, training and mentoring of assigned personnel and support their performance development, training plans, feedback and coaching
• Mentor and train automation, measurement, and electrical operators providing direction, development, and guidance
•Interact daily with direct reports as well as Facilities Engineers, Production Engineers, Production Foremen, Lease Operators, Production Analysts, and Contractors to introduce, define, organize and complete projects
• Train others in the creation of the logic and controls to automate facilities, to include maintenance and support thereafter
• Train others to establish processes to resolve issues, introduce hardware and software solutions, and provide support to system operators on the use of the Process Control System as designed
• Maintain safeguards on control systems as a layer of protection to inherent process risks
• Support commissioning and start up of new facilities
• Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, safely, and in a manner that supports the business unit’s goals
• Responsible for the supply chain management of required materials and equipment needed for daily operations
• Serve as a focal point for stakeholders (i.e., Operations, Ops Engineering, Production Engineering) for day-to-day work/troubleshooting and for projects
• Responsible for the safe maintenance, configuration, system availability, and optimization of all automation in assigned areas
• Provide direction to team members emphasizing, environment/health/safety, quality, efficiency, productivity, cost value, and morale wellness
• Able to understand and articulate the supporting reasons and value of processes and priorities
• Develop and maintain positive team member relations centered on mutual trust, dignity, respect, fairness, consistency, two-way communication, teamwork, and alignment wellness
• Provide field wide contact with all personnel in the event of emergency or other significant occurrences
• Contribute to development of operational and safety processes related to SOPs, operating/maintenance procedures, JHA’s, PHA review and GAP analysis
• Oil and gas industry experience preferred
• Commitment to safety and environmental stewardship
• Demonstrate commitment to Devon Attributes
• Able to work within a team environment
• Able to travel and work extended hours
• Position requires operation of Company vehicles, therefore incumbent must maintain a clean driving record and adhere to Company policies
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong leadership, supervisory and coaching skills
• Technical background in Cygnet, RTU’s, EFM’s, PLC’s, HMI’s, radios, various end devices, actuators, and measurement devices
• Understanding of economic evaluations and indicators and how they affect projects
• Possess and fosters a continuous improvement mindset
• Must be able to work schedule that supports business needs
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.