Occidental is an international energy company with operations in the United States, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. We are the largest onshore oil producer in the U.S., including in the Permian Basin, and a leading offshore producer in the Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon dioxide management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit Oxy.com for more information.
Occidental strives to attract and retain talented employees by investing in their professional development and providing rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Our goal is to meet the highest employer standards by ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment and positively impacting our communities where we do business.
Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Automation System Developer within our US Onshore Resources & Carbon Management, based in the Houston, Texas office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Represent the Automation team in HMI / OSI PI-related correspondence externally
- Understand the facilities process and design graphical representation in accordance to customer requirements
- Maintain project schedule, implementation, compliance to design and commissioning.
- Ensure all data is accurate and complete for all visual representation of automation projects
- Design automation HMI for wells and facilities within Oxy Automation guidelines
- Work with Interfacing groups like IT Networking and Cybersecurity server group to create and maintain standards
- Provide support to Asset Teams and Field Automation Specialist on all HMI Issues.
- Assist in creation automation screens (OSI PI, Steam base, ACE, Graphworks, etc.)
- Participate in the implementation of strategies for upgrade, expansion, continuous improvement, life cycle, and preventive maintenance of the HMI environment
- Participate as team member on automation projects to provide guidance and insight.
- Act as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for our HMI environment and applications.
- 4 year technical degree or equivalent working experience
- 1-5 years of Working on Automation and SCADA projects
- Basic knowledge of oil and gas systems
- Strong Leadership and Mentoring skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet delivery deadlines
- Basic level of understanding of automation and electrical design principles.
- Understanding of PSSRs and MOCs.
- Basic knowledge of RTUs and exposure to digital and analog I/O, programming, and troubleshooting.
- Strong written, oral and project management skills
- Basic analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to perform strong time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in the Oil and Gas environment
- 1+ years’ experience in the Upstream Oil and Gas environment
- 1-2 years’ experience in Iconics and/or OSI PI systems
- Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with management, technical, and field personnel.
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals.
- Listens actively acts to drive positive performance and achieve results.
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– Production Ops
– United States-Texas-Houston
– United States-Texas-Midland
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.