We have an exciting, newly created opportunity for a determined and motivated individual who’d like to progress their career in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Reporting to the Group Head of Marketing, the role of Bid Specialist encompasses responsibility for Spencer Ogden’s Bids processes globally.
Who are we?
Spencer Ogden is an award-winning global energy and infrastructure sales company, specialising in people. Our diverse and award-winning company culture ensures that everyone experiences a fast-paced, professional, and collaborative working environment. Established in 2010, 14 offices worldwide, 450+ employees, and backed by a private equity company.
- Coordinate, prepare and compile bid submission documents in relation to tendering / bidding activities, tender questionnaires and pre-qualifications
- Review incoming bid opportunities and evaluate the suitability of the opportunity for the business
- Vet incoming bids and tenders and note down tender due date, project start and end date, tender submission instructions/requirement, and mode of submission
- Collate tender information and references from various sources such as online search engines, industry and market intelligence data, etc., which are needed for submission
- Monitor and ensure that tender submission due dates are strictly adhered to, including the checking, binding, packing, and preparation of outgoing submissions
- Ensure that tender submissions are professionally produced, standardised, and in line with customer requirements
- Assist sales teams in cultivating great relationships with existing and potential associates/customers
- Build strong relationships with senior business leaders to ensure that they understand and trust the bid process
- Coordination of remote teams globally – each bid has director, manager, and consultant involvement – in addition to the legal and finance teams to ensure compliance
- Guiding less experienced consultants through the bid process while ensuring relevant sign-offs are obtained at relevant stage gates throughout the process
- Working closely with compliance on legal reviews of all bids to ensure responses are submitted in line with company contractual policy
- Reporting to the board on a regular basis on current activity and win rates.
- Tracking all bids globally and monitoring spending
- Management of company profiles on supplier management portals such as ISNetworld, Achilles FPAL, and UVDB
- Coordinate customer’s bid requirements within the various departments such as Sales, Finance, CCS, Legal, HSE, etc., collate and compile all queries and requests for additional information for communication to customers
- Establishment of a formal bid process that has been implemented globally
- Birthday off as extra paid annual leave
- Friday 3.00 pm finish
- Dress for your day – Casual or smart… you decide for your day ahead
- Flexible working hours
- Agile working – WFH up to 3 days a week
- End-of-month celebratory drinks
- Discounted gym membership at FitnessFirst and ClassPass
- Corporate discount scheme with Perkbox
- Free fruit and healthy snacks delivered twice a week
- Starbucks coffee machine
- Cycle to work scheme
- ‘EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)’ – We care about your wellness!
- Company pension contribution
- Volunteer time off – 4 days per year
- Additional 5 days of annual leave – linked to your service, 1 additional day for each complete year of service
- Life and critical illness cover
- World-class, award-winning training and development program
What we’d like to see
- Ideally, experience in bids as a Bid Coordinator (or similar)
- You’ll come from a global organisation
- Similar industry experience to Spencer Ogden, however, is not essential
- Strong organisational skills
- Commercial acumen
- Approachable and confident
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to stay up to date with #LifeatSO
To apply for this job please visit www.spencer-ogden.com.