We have an exciting, newly created opportunity for an experienced Bid’s professional who’d like to progress their career in a fast-paced, progressive, and rewarding renewable energy and infrastructure industry.
Reporting to the Group Head of Marketing, the role of Bids & Tenders Manager encompasses responsibility for Spencer Ogden’s Bids processes, globally.
Who are we?
Spencer Ogden is an award-winning global energy and infrastructure sales company, specialising in people. Our diverse and award-winning company culture ensures that everyone experiences a fast-paced, professional, and collaborative working environment. Established in 2010, 15 offices worldwide, 450+ employees, and backed by a private equity firm.
- Coordinate, prepare and compile bid submission documents in relation to tendering/bidding activities, tender questionnaires and pre-qualifications
- Review incoming bid opportunities and evaluate the suitability of the opportunity for the business
- Vet incoming bids and tenders and note down tender due date, project start and end date, tender submission instructions/requirement, and mode of submission
- Collate tender information and references from various sources such as online search engines, industry and market intelligence data, etc., which are needed for submission
- Monitor and ensure that tender submission due dates are strictly adhered to, including the checking, binding, packing, and preparation of outgoing submissions
- Ensure that tender submissions are professionally produced, standardised, and in line with customer requirements
- Assist sales teams in cultivating good relationship with existing and potential associates/customers
- Build strong relationships with senior business leaders to ensure that they understand and trust the bid process
- Coordination of remote teams globally – each bid has director, manager and consultant involvement – in addition to the legal and finance teams to ensure compliance
- Guiding less experienced consultants through the bid process while ensuring relevant sign offs are obtained at relevant stage gates throughout the process
- Working closely with compliance on legal reviews of all bids to ensure responses are submitted in line with company contractual policy
- Reporting to the Global Head of Marketing and by extension our Board,on a regular basis on current activity and win rates
- Tracking all bids globally and monitoring spend post award
- Management of company profiles on supplier management portals such as ISNetworld, Achilles FPAL and UVDB
- Coordinate customer’s bid requirements within the various departments such as Sales, Finance, CCS, Legal, HSE, etc., collate and compile all queries and requests for additional information for communication to customers
- Establishment of a formal bid process which has been implemented globally
- Liaise and provide a conduit between the wider Marketing team, Sales and our target client population to ensure that our Value Proposition remains clear, consistent and focussed
- Collaborate with internal content writers and designer on ways to improve the professionalism and visual appeal of our bid templates
What You’ll Bring to SO
- Preferably, experience as a Bid Manager within the recruitment or sales sector
- Global experience within Bids
- Previous management as this you will eventually manage
- Strong organisational skills
- Commercial acumen
- Approachable and confident – no ego’s!
Some of the Perks
- A competitive base salary + 10% bonus
- Annual leave + the week of Christmas paid off + 5 paid sick/mental health days + birthdays off + 4 volunteer days of choice
- Additional day off for every year of service up to 5 years
- Dress for your day – casual or smart… you decide for your day ahead
- Flexible working hours, and a hybrid working model
- Discounted gym membership at FitnessFirst and ClassPass
- Corporate discount scheme with Perkbox
- Cycle to work scheme
- ‘EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)’ – We care about your wellness!
- Company pension contribution, and life/critical illness cover
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to stay up to date with #LifeatSO
To apply for this job please visit www.spencer-ogden.com.