At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil in Singapore
ExxonMobil is one of Singapore’s largest foreign manufacturing investors with over S$25 billion in fixed asset investments.
We have manufacturing facilities that include an integrated world-scale refining and petrochemical complex in Jurong and Jurong Island, a network of service stations under the Esso brand, operate a lubricant plant and are a supplier of cylinder cooking gas. ExxonMobil provides customers and commercial markets in the region with ground transportation, industrial, aviation and marine fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and liquefied natural gas (LNG).
As Singapore serves as the AP hub for some of our businesses, we employ about 3,500 people across positions in operations, projects, commercial, corporate support functions and others.
ExxonMobil also contributes to community programs in Singapore that support the arts, education, health and the environment.
For more information, visit www.exxonmobil.com.sg or follow ExxonMobil Singapore on LinkedIn and Instagram.
What you will do
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Biofuel and Carbon Trading Team developing trading strategies. Based at our office in Singapore, this role is responsible for recommending profitable trading opportunities, via arbitrage analysis, biofuels movement tracking, trade flow analysis and blending opportunity identification. The key deliverables include:
- Monitors fundamentals, regulations, & market disruptions, to find and communicate tradeable insights
- Co-develops models to quantify fundamentals and linkages to price
- Provides economic analysis for opportunity evaluation and capture learnings from missed opportunities
- Supports derivatives trading and policy with analysis of new and existing usage of derivative instruments
- Formulates proposals for profitable optimization, trading, and origination strategies
- Advances analytic tools to use the latest methods and techniques and the full range of applicable internal and external data
- Contributes to special projects, strategy studies, and new market entries
- Supports annual strategy development
- Liaise with our global trading hubs
Skills and Qualifications
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, in a numerical discipline e.g. Engineering, Economics, Finance, Computational Science, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Have prior experience in the Biofuels (Fame) and/or Vegetable Oils markets and/or Carbon Markets
- Have a high commercial drive to apply analysis to create market insights
- Be able to demonstrate strong numerical, analytical and modelling skills
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate in a clear, concise and engaging manner, enabling questioning of analysis and encouraging debate
- Be able to showcase initiative, tenacity and drive for continuous improvement
- Have a sound knowledge of the derivatives, forecast methodologies and arbitrage calculations
- Have solid IT skills with ability to develop complex models in Excel and / or the use main programming languages
- Enjoy working within both the analytical and trading community
Additional skills / abilities:
- The ability to model optionality value or produce financial analyses
- Expert proficiency in programming skills such as Python, R, SQL, Tableau and Dataiku
- In depth knowledge of derivatives
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last and we provide job rotations throughout your career with us. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
Currently our employees benefits include: Long Term Savings Allowance, dental reimbursement, annual health checkups and Home Ownership Assistance Plan amongst others and these are updated from time to time.
Stay connected with us:
- Learn more at our website
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Subscribe our channel at YouTube
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity in conformance with all applicable laws and regulations to individuals who are qualified to perform job requirements. The Company administers its personnel policies, programs, and practices in a non-discriminatory manner in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, work assignment, promotion, transfer, termination, wage and salary administration, and selection for training.
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and you can find out more about our hiring process here.
We thank you for your interest in ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.exxonmobil.com.