Where you fit in…
The Downstream & Trading Reporting & Analysis Organisation is a team of >1,000 colleagues providing accurate, timely and insightful analysis to deliver more and cleaner energy solutions.
Within the Downstream & Trading Reporting & Analysis Organisation, there is a team responsible for Mobility PAR. This role reports into the Mobility, BNFR & UK PAR Manager and responsible to support the Mobility B2C business performance management including Planning, reporting and analysis.
What’s the role?
BNFR/UK Senior Analyst is responsible for supporting the delivery of PAR for the Mobility B2C business for the BNFR/UK cluster. The Senior analyst will consider economic and business trends, review past company performance, and attempt to anticipate obstacles and potential problems, all with an eye toward forecasting the business’ future financial results and supporting delivery of its ultimate potential.
The key stakeholder for the BNFR/UK Senior Analyst is the Business Managers – Pricing, CR, Marketing, Finance Manager, PAR Lead with whom they will partner closely to deliver the following:
- Management information for the Mobility B2C business for BNFR/UK
- Development of all material for quarterly or other scheduled appraisal of performance.
- Preparation of financial forecasts
- Supporting the R&A PAR Lead with the annual or other strategic plans for the Business and relevant constituent parts.
- Working closely with the Controllers Teams to ensure seamless flow of information on the business activities ensuring accurate and timely accounting entries for financial and management information purposes.
- BNFR/UK Senior Analyst will work closely with the R&A Cluster Lead and PAR Manager to ensure alignment of activities and execution of standard PAR processes.
- Provide business decision support, monitor, and implement appropriate risk responses to governance and business controls, as well as analyze and coordinate the reporting of financial performance to local, regional, and global management. Support preparation for audits (External and Internal).
This role specifically requires understanding the BNFR energy business, working closely with senior stake holders like Marketing, CR manager and country sales managers to provide them financial advice on key indicators for performance, support on business cases, work the latest estimate ensuring full potential of the business is reflected correctly in the LE. To maintain LE accuracy, provide monthly financials including cost reports to Marketing, CR and sales team, and provide commentaries on key categories performance and any new business models.
The candidate needs exceptional communication and influencing skills to be able to build effective working relationships with Business Partners/finance managers, especially in a virtual environment, and leverage that relationship to ensure the MI complies with reporting requirements. Candidate should be able to demonstrate business acumen and should be able to proactively identify what systems, processes and structures are required based on the business requirement and develop fit for purpose Management Information.
What we need from you?
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree or Professional Qualification, in Accounting/Finance with exceptional numeracy skills.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- A strong understanding of the Management Information Systems and Data Flows as well as a passion for leveraging technology to automate MI and increasingly build data-driven plans & forecasts.
- Passion for the Mobility Business, Energy Transition, and curiosity for how the business delivers value.
- Support the Planning & Appraisal process and deliver fit-for-purpose content by closely working with the R&A cluster lead.
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities, seamlessly co-ordinate, collaborate with a wide range of teams effectively.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts and recommendations in simple, succinct communication (both written and verbal), across all levels within the organization
- The ability to process and link large volumes of incomplete information into a compelling set of actionable analyses for senior business leaders is key.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.
Be the first to comment