As a member of the Oil Sands Finance Support Team, you will have the opportunity to proactively contribute to the timely and accurate Oil Sands month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial and operational reporting by ensuring that all business applications (systems) and their integrations used by Oil Sands Finance run effectively and efficiently. Your ability to problem solve and your strong process and analytical skills will allow you to provide effective and consistent support to the Oil Sands Finance team. You will act as an important liaison to Oil Sands Finance key stakeholders to help ensure finance data integrity.
- Reconcile source transactions to E1 including Received Not Vouchered, Worker Order, Inventory, and LEMs
- Investigate and identify root cause of system and integration issues effecting Oil Sands Finance transactional data
- Liaise with Maximo, EFAS, Supply Management, Accounts Payable and Business representatives to ensure effective and efficient processes and performance of source data systems
- Perform corrective journal entries as required
- Support Oil Sands Finance personnel with process and system issues
- Systems upgrade testing
- Job location: Calgary, Alberta
Skills & Qualifications:
- Completion of a degree in Accounting or Business Administration, working towards a CPA would be an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Oil and Gas Accounting
- Demonstrated ability to use systems to improve processes
- Self-starter with strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and Excel Skills
- Knowledge of Oil Sands operations, and systems such as JD Edwards E1, Essbase, Power BI, and Maximo considered an asset
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – “Canadian Natural’ – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is September 21, 2021. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.