We’re 20,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. Taking on tough energy challenges is our job. Right now, we’re facing an enormous task: supplying the world with the energy it needs, while lowering emissions.
We’re up for the challenge. Are you?
The Chief Financial Officer’s (CFO) organisation is the driving force behind increased value creation and profitability. CFO plays a key role in shaping and safeguarding the company, supporting improved performance and enabling Equinor to develop and deliver on strategic ambitions to create value as a leader in the energy transition.
By joining the Business Development (BD) team in CFO, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in shaping Equinor for the future.
The Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and Insights team is responsible for developing and delivering transformational M&A transactions, bespoke insights on M&A activity for the Corporate Executive Committee (CEC) and Board of Directors, and M&A and BD portfolio impact analysis.
In this role you will contribute across the responsibilities of the team and typical tasks will include:
- Identifying and evaluating attractive transformational M&A transactions.
- Leading corporate M&A screening and execution preparation.
- Assessing the impact of different M&A transactions on Equinor’s portfolio and developing a strategic rationale in cooperation with other CFO units.
- Supporting or leading the execution of complex M&A transactions, being responsible for M&A valuation quality, due diligence coordination and negotiation of transaction documents.
- Leading cross-functional project teams and workstreams, including financial analysts, technical experts, business area representatives, legal counsel, tax and financial advisors.
- Supporting the development of integration or restructuring plans resulting from M&A transactions.
- Preparing decision memos and present at senior executive level.
- Co-ordinating preparation of briefing materials to CEO and Board of Directors.
- Cultivating a network incorporating investment banks, industry peers, financial investors and consultants.
- Contributing to structural build capabilities in the M&A and Insights team, as well as the wider Business Development unit.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture.
For this position, we are also looking for:
- Proven project leadership experience from managing transactions, acquisitions or business development projects, preferably within oil and gas or renewables.
- Strong financial modelling and technical analytical skills.
- A commercial mindset with the ability to generate ideas and identify commercial opportunities.
- Eager to take on new challenges and able to cope with uncertainty.
- A high degree of creativity, integrity, autonomy and external orientation.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to distil analysis for senior management.
Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or a Scandinavian language. Applications submitted without necessary attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
As a UK employer, Equinor has a legal obligation to ensure that candidates have the right to work in the UK. If the right to work in the UK has not been established, the employment or assignment will not commence until the necessary checks have been satisfactorily completed and acceptable evidence provided. Equinor reserves the right to withdraw the offer of employment or assignment in the event that the relevant requirements are not met.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.eu.com.