Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
The Retail & Strategy Development Department (RSDD) is the custodian of Aramco’s fuel retail business and aims to expand Aramco’s presence across the downstream value chain by developing retail businesses in high-value local, regional and global markets. RSDD is contributing to Aramco Downstream business’ financial resilience, securing marketing margins and stable returns and integrating demand centers with new and existing manufacturing assets. The department is responsible for retail strategy formulation, as well as business development and M&A activities. In addition, RSDD manages marketing and branding activities including the development of brand guidelines, marketing and communication messages and platforms. Finally, the department also contains a technical division which oversees the execution of network growth projects and technology deployment.
This role will support the formulation and execution of the Retail strategy, including the development of an opportunities pipeline, the evaluation of business proposals and is expected to be involved in the structuring and negotiation of diverse M&A transactions. The candidate is expected to be able to work with considerable independence and across a multitude of diverse projects, some focusing exclusively on fuels retail and some being integrated refining & marketing opportunities. This role also requires excellent relationship and communication skills in order to partner with senior internal and external stakeholders, build organizational alignment and provide technical and business development expertise.
• Screens independent and integrated retail fuel business proposals using a variety of strategic and technical criteria, with the aim to prioritize the opportunities that will contribute the most towards the execution of the retail strategy
• Writes and reviews business cases to further develop complex business ventures and synthesize information from feasibility studies that serve as inputs to business plans
• Provides functional expertise to determine the capabilities and risks associated with proposed new ventures, e.g. assessment of operating models, non-fuel offerings, branding, sales, marketing and logistics
• Leads and/or supports negotiation of agreements with external parties as part of the ongoing M&A activities
• Develops updates to the retail and downstream strategy when required and is accountable to present them to the Company’s Executive Management for approval.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Economics, Accounting, or Engineering disciplines, professional certifications such as CFA, CMA, or (PMP) preferred.
- At least 12 years’ professional experience in fuels retail fuels or related businesses.
- Proven track record of business development expertise, and value creation via direct involvement in M&A activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to build relationships with Senior Stakeholders
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.