JT: Business Process Improvement Specialist
Location: Charlotte, NC
Division: Capital Projects
The Business Process Improvement (BPI) Specialist will help foster a culture of continuous improvement and high performance by leading and facilitating high-value improvement initiatives, focused on the company’s Capital Projects execution. The Business Process Improvement Specialist will be directly involved in the management of the global Capital Projects BPI portfolio. The position requires self-motivation with core competencies in Lean best practices, root cause analysis, and development of solutions to enhance the execution and delivery of Capital Projects. This highly collaborative role requires close integration with major project teams, site manufacturing teams, and corporate support functions across 3 business units, 6 continents and 20+ locations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, plan, implement, and sustain Business Process Improvement initiatives for the company’s Capital Project portfolio.
- Prioritize initiatives based on highest value for the organization – this will include cost and benefit analyses (ROI, NPV, etc.).
- Organize the initiative portfolio based on highest value, importance, urgency, available resources, and dependencies to other initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the execution of initiatives including development of: schedules, critical deliverables, budgets, resource allocations (both human and capital), and other support requirements. This includes managing scope, schedule, risk and budget.
- Support leads of other initiatives, coordinating needs of the initiative teams and internal partners to ensure progress against established plan.
- Coordinate the Change Management process for any active initiatives.
- Diagram and evaluate existing processes, performing data analysis deep-dives and developing metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Mature the portfolio management tools and governance processes in accordance with Lean best practices.
- Travel requirement: Less than 10% and may include both domestic & international travel.
- Results driven, action-oriented approach to management with a collaborative operating style that fosters high expectations and creates inspired and motivated teams
- Decision making, problem solving, prioritization, and risk-based management skills based on deep analysis of real data
- Strategic agility and flexibility to create alternate plans to achieve necessary results – an “out of the box” solution mindset
- Familiarity with portfolio management, as well as project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project life-cycle
- Experience in Lean manufacturing (Kaizen, 5S, PDCA, TQM) and/or Six Sigma
- Experience with and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong internal customer focus
- Ability to collaborate with appropriate stakeholders across functions, locations, and disciplines; possesses a customer service mindset
- Ability to multi-task multiple initiatives and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years of business operations or project/portfolio management experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Strong work experiences in continuous improvement
- Experience in Lean practices (Kaizen, 5S, PDCA, TQM) and/or Six Sigma
- Experience in Project Controls or Change Management
- Lean and/or Six Sigma Certifications
- Experience with Primavera P6 planning
- Experience with SAP data analysis
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.