Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Buyer, based in Aberdeen.
* Work in full compliance with the company Buying policy, educating and driving the correct behaviours of business stakeholders
* Build effective stakeholder relationships across all our locations, ensuring a high service level in terms buyer functional delivery
* Manage the relationship with internal customers – partner with internal customers to positively influence spending decisions, to analyze and make recommendations to the business
* Understand the business needs within the business groups & validate the requirements are justified
* Ensure availability of all goods and services in time – proactively support business owners to ensure equipment/ consumables/ service availability to meet agreed timescales
* Execute Purchase Orders including full tracking up to delivery on site
* Support implementation of Catalogues and promote/execute with local requesters higher spend penetration through Catalogues
* Identify savings opportunities and partner with Category Managers to deliver savings through tenders/negotiations/contract renewals
Experience & Qualifications:
* Strong customer service approach to delivering the buying function.
* Strong written and oral communication skills, decision making/problem solving, and influencing and team building skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across an organization and with external parties.
* The individual must have the ability influence the direction of the business.
* Ability to work in a matrix organization.
* Prioritisation skills to ensure a seamless execution.
* Ability to work cross functionally and with external stakeholders comfortably.
* Combines a strong business acumen and commercial skills along with technical system skills
* Proficient with Microsoft Office
* Relevant experience in SAP and as a Buyer.
* Experience in best practice PR to PO processes
* Good understanding of overall procurement topics with a special focus on buying processes and relevant tools
* Good understanding of procurement cycle, procurement theory and best practice
* Technical understanding of workings and logic in procurement and payment tools including SAP ERP
* Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in a similar role, or with similar responsibilities
* Good understanding of Oil and Gas industry
* Ability to take good practice from within the organisation and deploy within procurement
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference TR/050303.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.