JOB TITLE : Buyer
REPORTING TO : Project Procurement Manager
LOCATION : Houston
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore Deepwater drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology we operate in 15 countries across 5 continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities. Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
Diversity and inclusion are more than words for us. Everyone is welcome—as an inclusive workplace, our people are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. We continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our people. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we operate in.
As a Buyer, you will performing purchasing duties for the rigs or office in accordance with relevant Company Policies and Procedures
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use only company approved suppliers; requests for new suppliers must be reviewed and approved by the Project Procurement Supervisor and Project Procurement Manager
- Review incoming purchase requisitions to review materials requirement for validity and priority.
- Ensure Fixed Pricing Agreements with Suppliers are being used to maximize cost savings
- Actively work with Procurement Managers and Category Managers to identify optimal procurement strategies.
- Obtain and review quotes as per the relevant company and local procedures
- Follow up promptly clarifications and requests for information from Suppliers or the Rig
- Prepare Purchase Orders using Company Approved software(s).
- Ensure Company Policies & Procedures regarding Approval Process, Authority, SOX Compliance and FCPA are strictly followed.
- Review all material and service requisitions (repair & return included) in terms of quantities, pricing, specifications, account coding, authorization limits, priority, urgency, for accurate preparation of Purchase Orders.
- Constantly review and assess economics of local purchase against foreign purchase with consideration given to quality, certification, costs and lead times.
- Continuously review all open Purchase Orders and expedite overdue and outstanding PO’s with Suppliers
- Process Invoices and Assist Account Payables with invoice discrepancies
- Maintain a general knowledge of Company Supply Chain and Financial Procedures
- Document procurement problems to allow effective resolution and prevention
- Resolve procurement related incidents reported by the end users
SAFETY AT SEADRILL
Our goal is to ensure that ‘nobody gets hurt’ whilst performing their job. Everyone at Seadrill has a part to play in meeting our safety commitment.
Through strong leadership and personal responsibility from all employees, we take a systematic approach to identifying, managing and preventing the hazards involved in our day to day operations. Nothing is more important to us than the health, safety and security of our workforce and the communities in which we operate and behaving responsibly towards our shared environment. We are vigilant, disciplined and always looking out for one another. We have developed and embedded a strong safety culture onshore and offshore, fostered by all employees, who each have a personal responsibility and the authority to put an immediate stop to the job if they believe it to be unsafe. Everyone at Seadrill is accountable for helping to build this culture of care.
SEADRILL BEHAVIORAL FRAMEWORK
In Seadrill, setting the standard is not just about what we deliver, but how we deliver it.
We co-created our Behavioural Framework with our employees, where we identified four key competencies that define our culture and help us to live our values. Our behaviours are embedded in the way we work and support and guide us day to day:
- Drive & Ownership
- Change & Forward Thinking
- Communication & Collaboration
- Service Delivery
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs
- Proficient in the use of ERP systems
- Knowledge of the Supply Chain, Inventory, and Procurement Process
- Knowledge of rig operations
- Advanced understanding of Supply Chain process and supporting tools
- General understanding of logistics and shipping management
- General understanding of commercial concerns, operational imperatives and decision-making with regard to global materials sourcing decisions.
- Open communication with P2P team and key stakeholders
- Exhibits desire to take on new projects
- Show ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders
- Understanding of corporate business ethic and core values
- Competent in Seadrill ERP systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook & Excel
- Full understanding of Supply Chain Manual
- Understanding of HSE requirements
- Must pass drug screen and background check
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree preferably in Supply Chain Management
- 2-3 years continuous experience
- Analytical and problem solving skills
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- Integrity and Honesty
- Professionalism in dealing with external parties
- Team Player
- Leadership Skills
- Active role in Team Building
- Participate in service delivery and commercial/financial control of supply chain management for the rig.
- Attention to Detail
- Organization and planning skills
- Decision-making skills
- Questioning attitude/ critical thinking and problem solving skills
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Computer Literate
- Task management and prioritization
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Advanced business and negotiation skills
- Intermediate understanding of business law and contracts.
- Clear understanding of corporate operational and financial controls and the internal/external enforcement mechanisms.
- Pro Active Mindset
We value our people and want to retain them. So, we offer a competitive package built around an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit seadrill.csod.com.