Cameron Commercial Engineer
Petaling Jaya – Malaysia
The role will be responsible for commercial and technical quotations that meet customer requirements related to opportunities in this upstream/midstream market segment.
- Cultivate friendly, personal relationships with key customers, learning their needs and preferences.
- Receive requests for firm quotations from incoming filtering team or direct from key customers per the go to market strategy.
- Review requests and complete the production plant selection per the ITO tools
- Review customer requirements and specifications and create the qualifications, clarifications document to support the technical proposal.
- Review Customer Commercial Documents and facilitate internal functional reviews during the Proposal process.
- Interface with product specialists as needed to complete customer quotations.
- Complete the commercial proposal and price per the pricing guidelines.
- Facilitate review of draft contract documents for project execution requirements including inspection, painting, preservation, local content, documentation requirements, Terms & Conditions and payment terms.
- Responsible for preparing Cameron responses during the technical and commercial clarification stage.
- Provide a seamless transition from quote to order based on company procedures.
- Provide Management of Change coordination for orders with subsequent Change Orders.
- Ability to organize information and respond to requests in a timely fashion.
- Ability to manage time and function effectively with changing priorities and deadlines
- Attention to detail and methodical in development and filing of appropriate supporting documents files.
- Excellent communication skills and conflict resolution capabilities are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, customers and end users located globally through emails, phone and video calls as well as in-person.
- Experience developing complex proposals for upstream customer projects.
- Proven negotiating abilities and keen commercial acumen
- Computer literate: Salesforce, Microsoft Office and SAP.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma concepts.
- Competencies required: Customer (internal/external) focus, Managing for Results, Teamwork/Cooperation, Team Leadership, Communication, Job Knowledge, People Development, Decision making/Judgment, Negotiation Skills, Adaptability/Flexibility, Work Environment/Safety, Dependability, Planning, Budgets/ Cost Control.
- Bachelor’s Degree qualified in engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in the energy industry and/or in the valve or actuator industry.
- Experience in inside sales role or Application Engineering role.
- Project Management experience ideally in a make-to-order engineering/ manufacturing for the oil & gas industry.
- Willing to work in Petaling Jaya and open to international travel.
- Fluent in English and Malay language
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Please be vigilant to fraudulent activity if you receive a communication or e-mail regarding potential employment, or an invitation to submit applications to a public email address, supposedly from Schlumberger. Please do not send money or pass any personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with us. We will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process. For more information please visit: https://careers.slb.com/fraud