Cameron Senior Mechanical Engineer
Petaling Jaya – Malaysia
The Cameron Senior Mechanical Engineer keeps abreast of Industry Codes and Guidelines. The engineer acts as a technical expert for vessel design issues and perform mechanical design calculations as necessary. He or she also ensures compliance of Cameron mechanical design with applicable industry codes, standards and regulations, and client specifications for Pressure Vessel.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitor Vessel Engineering progress, as required, to assure conformance to budget and schedule.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in all pertinent aspects of the discipline including design, analysis techniques, products, applicable codes and construction practices related to assigned projects.
- Advise and assist project and discipline engineers with the interpretation and clarification of applicable industry Codes and Client Specification requirements.
- Advise and assist Construction Managers, QA/QC, and Sub-suppliers with the interpretation and clarification of construction documents.
- Supervise the outsourcing of vessel engineering design work.
- Continuously improve vessel designs of Cameron equipment to decrease fabrication costs and improve equipment reliability and life.
- Take an active part in “Design-to-Build” technical group. Utilize feedback from the sessions to update tools and processes.
- Create or check the “Design Basis” documents specific to the particular project. The document is based on the applicable Codes, client specifications, Cameron scope of supply, and approved exception list.
- Perform or check ASME VIII-1/2, EN 13445 and PD5500 Code calculations with all applicable design loads and design combinations in accordance with the “Design Basis”.
- Provide necessary dimensional sketches, preliminary vessel weights and engineering instructions to the design office team, as required to identify locations of nozzles, supports and other vessel attachments.
- Review “as-built” drawings and re-run or check calculations, as required, to ensure conformity.
- Prove mechanical design, when required, of pressure vessel internals, trays, baffles and distribution piping.
- Recommend alternate materials of construction to meet service requirements and optimize vessel costs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with 10-15 years’ experience in the ASME B&PV Code Section VIII, Div.1/2, EN 13445 and PD5500 Code and ASME B.31-3 Standards.
- In depth knowledge of national and international codes and standards for pressure vessel design of field process equipment, shop fabrication procedures, and inspection and NDE requirements.
- Ability to check complex vessel fabrication drawings and bills of materials.
- Ability to check and support the other disciplines in the preparation of various drawings (P&ID, GA Drawings, Isometric & spooling) required in the Pressure Vessel & Process skid fabrication and assembly work.
- International qualification like Professional Engineer, Chartered member of a relevant engineering institution or international equivalent is desired but not required.
- Good knowledge of technical aspects of oil and gas products and processes (Cameron products/processes preferred).
- Experience with commercial engineering design programs such as Compress, PVElite.
- Willing to work in Petaling Jaya and open to international travel.
- Fluent in English and Malay language.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Please be vigilant to fraudulent activity if you receive a communication or e-mail regarding potential employment, or an invitation to submit applications to a public email address, supposedly from Schlumberger. Please do not send money or pass any personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with us. We will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process. For more information please visit: https://careers.slb.com/fraud
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.