LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 57903
Why you should join us:
Are you an experienced disability management professional looking for a dynamic new challenge? In this temporary role, you will join our case management team and help employees navigate through our alcohol and drug (A&D) program. You will use your case management skills to coordinate substance abuse assessments, treatments, and to oversee our relapse prevention monitoring program.
You will use your expertise to:
- Lead and coordinate the case management of employees participating in all phases of the A&D substance abuse program from initial assessment to conclusion
- Obtain, assess, and evaluate relevant information related to the employee’s case from varying third party providers to aid in a safe return to work
- Identify and communicate restrictions and limitations where applicable
- Collaborate with and direct other practitioners in the A&D program including integrated disability management team members, health and wellness site services, and A&D testing coordinators
- Exercise ethical and professional judgment in determining the appropriate collection, use and disclosure of personal health information, working closely with our privacy officer, human resources, labor relations and legal counsel
- Present A&D program cases to senior leaders, highlighting timelines and risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor and report on the quality and efficiency of third-party services
- Participate in A&D enterprise issue management, internal benchmarking, stewardship, and the development of long-term strategies
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- A Bachelor’s degree in human sciences, kinesiology, physiotherapy, nursing, or equivalent experience and education
- Three years of experience in disability management
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills that enable you to build strong, positive relationships with diverse groups
- Non-authoritative leadership and influencing skills
- The ability to manage, track and complete deliverables in a timely, organized manner
- Advanced computer skills including experience with Microsoft office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- A diploma or certificate in occupational health or disability management
- Five years of experience in alcohol and drug substance abuse assessment, treatment and recovery theory, models, and processes
- Deep understanding of A&D programs including testing practices and legislation related to A&D management in the workplace (i.e. human rights legislation)
- Strong project management skills to manage employees in recovery and relationships with third party service providers
- Tact and mediation skills to interact with and influence internal and external stakeholders
- A formalized designation or training in addictions and recovery processes
- Knowledge of Cority
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs
- This is a temporary position for a period of 12 months
- We have numerous Employee Inclusion Networks who work together to help foster an inclusive and respectful culture and drive positive change at Suncor. Current networks include both Workplace Inclusion Networks (focusing on inclusion and respect for all), and identity-focused networks (focusing on building community and a sense of belonging and allyship for different groups)
- Suncor is aware that some job seekers have received false employment offers from an individual or organization posing as Suncor. All recruiting is conducted through our Careers site, your resume needs to be submitted to this site if you would like to be considered for a role. To learn more about false recruiting offers, click here.
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
We are Canada’s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn’t safe, we don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don’t delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals
To apply for this job please visit jobs.suncor.com.