The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Marathon corporate cash. This business critical position requires extreme attention to detail while performing cash management functions including daily cash positioning, initiating wire payments, short-term borrowing and investing and also includes special projects with visibility to senior management. The applicant should possess strong interpersonal skills as she/he will be a member of a highly collaborative team and interact with external partners (i.e. relationship banks) and internal clients within Marathon (i.e. Tax, Corporate Finance, Insurance, Credit, Law, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Business Development, Vendor Master, Global Procurement, etc.). There will also be opportunities to gain exposure to and cross train on other functions within Treasury (i.e. Corporate Finance, Credit Risk, Insurance, etc.) as well as outside of the Treasury organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Balance accounts and monitor funds availability
- Manage payments by initiating wire transfers and transmitting electronic payment files to banks
- Assist business by tracking payments, investigating wire returns, consulting on M&A transactions, etc.
- Prepare daily/weekly cash reports (including debt, investment and global liquidity positions) and prepare variance explanations for senior management
- Invest short-term cash balances within established policy guidelines
- Monitor liquidity needs and issue short-term debt (i.e. draws on our Corporate Credit Facility or issue commercial paper to fund shortfalls) as required
- Perform benchmark calculations to internally track investment portfolio performance
- Perform bank account administration, including opening and closing accounts and updating authorized signatories
- Work with Corporate Finance to forecast cash flows for domestic and international operations and track actuals
- Provide backup support for all cash management desks (domestic and international to ensure day-to-day coverage
- Perform miscellaneous tasks including issuing Letters of Credit, analyzing and processing bank fee invoices, preparing intercompany loan schedules and month end cash reconciliations, etc.
- Prepare annual bank relationship report
- Assist with preparation of annual FBAR filings and respond to periodic Know Your Customer requests
- Recommend/implement improvements to current cash management process to enhance efficiencies and employ best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a closely related field
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrated ability to execute critical workplace skills such as time management, written and oral communication, teamwork and collaboration, problem solving and critical thinking
- Experience with SAP Treasury Workstation would be a plus
*Hiring manager may hire at a higher grade based on experience level
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Finance and Accounting || Not Applicable || || 30845 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Accounts Payable, Bank, Banking, Financial, Consulting, Finance, Technology
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.