Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
The Category Manager – Drilling, under minimal supervision, performs multifaceted tasks relating to the management of an assigned operational support category or categories. Provides support in managing specific groupings of goods & services, including identifying leveraged sourcing opportunities, analyzing market intelligence, contract management, supplier relationship and performance management.
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or in other applicable field preferred
Requires a minimum of 8+ years of supply chain or other related experience; drilling and/or operational experience preferred
• Ability to effectively communicate, influence, and support Operational Groups to drive overall value increases
• Collaborate with other Supply Chain functions and stakeholders in developing and executing a comprehensive category strategy, sourcing events and contract compliance
• Gather, provide, and interpret market intelligence information to Business Units and Drilling Teams
• Assist in managing demand planning in collaboration with stakeholders and suppliers
• Lead in cross functional teams in executing sourcing events
• Collect and monitor contract and supplier performance data through reports, internal customer discussions, and through ad hoc feedback from relevant stakeholders
• Develop and monitor continuous business improvement process measures with suppliers to improve profitability
• Develop and monitor strategies for maximizing supplier product line integration into the business to increase efficiency and value
• Act as business liaison between suppliers and Business Units/Drilling Teams
• Support corporate budget and cash management process through periodic market pricing updates and forecasts
• May act as mentor to less senior employees, providing direction, development, and guidance
• Be a change agent for Supply Chain anticipating potential resistance
• Knowledge of Business Performance Measurement (KPIs), industry/business acumen, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)• Drilling experience preferred
• Practice safe work habits at all times
• Demonstrate commitment to Devon Attributes
• Advanced level computer skills
• Advanced level negotiation skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Able to travel as required
• Expert understanding of supplier relationship management process and concepts
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.