We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Summary: Category Specialist – Sr. Category Specialist (D&E Machining, Tools & Services)
This position is primarily responsible for overseeing Machined products for downhole tools (Primary focus on MLWD tools, RSS tools).
- Under broad direction, may support one or more related categories as directed by Portfolio and Category Leadership
- Implement strategic sourcing and category strategies in accordance with policies and procedures
- Contribute to assessment of current market situations and identification of opportunities
- Contribute to detailed planning and execution of improvement actions with users and suppliers
- Negotiates with suppliers and prepares contracts and agreements under the direction of Category Manager
- Recommends value added projects/opportunities. Coordinate training of category community and field personnel
- Act as an interface between business and supplier for category, resolving category issues
- Engage with stakeholders and internal customers to ensure alignment of business and category strategy
- May represent the Category Manager on teams and councils, as assigned. Participate in supply chain governance and performance management activities
- Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Science, Marketing, Business, or Supply Chain Management or similar discipline and a minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Certification as a Supply Chain Professional preferred
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from Category Specialist up to a Sr. Category Specialist
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Science, Marketing, Business, or Supply Chain Management required.
- Basic knowledge of (a) Manufacturing Processes, (b) Continuous Improvement and (c) Quality Management a plus
- Requires minimum of 3 years of experience in category related goods and services which includes experience in two or more of the following roles: Procurement, Manufacturing Ops Mgmt., Manufacturing Engineering, Technology, Field Operations
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment; prior experience in O&G equipment manufacture would be a plus
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings, technical specifications, Bills of Materials is a plus
- Prior experience in sourcing and/or vendor management and/or contracts negotiations
- Proficiency in Data Analysis using Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKVUP, Combining data sets etc.)
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 95756
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
To apply for this job please visit jobs.halliburton.com.